New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 338 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Just choose the forum and it appears as an option at the bottom.

So if your proposed thread is about airports…

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’ve not been such an active contributor to BT over the years, but I have always enjoyed looking at Forum topics on a regular basis.
    Since the new layout, I have hardly viewed the forum.
    It was always easier to view current topics on the front page of BT. To have to access menus has ‘put me off’.
    Looking at the Forum, it looks far more complicated and less inviting.
    Just my observations ..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Bulldog, that’s what I thought when I first saw the new layout. Change is not something I relish.

However, once you get used to the new layout, it really is user friendly.

One of the earlier grumbles was how few threads were actually showing, meaning most interesting threads will fall off the top 10 list. The top list has now extended to 25 threads.

The BT team have been very open in that they have been asking for design issues or enhancements to the Forum. Most suggestions have been incorporated.

If you could list what you think would make the Forum presentation better, I am sure BT would look at the suggestions.

Welcome back and hope you are here to stay…..

Bullfrog
    Participant

@MartynSinclair .. thank you for your encouragement & praise for BT.

My main interest is the FORUM on BT. Using a tablet, in my case the iPad Mini, I find it most convenient to access the BT webpage via Safari, and without scrolling down, I appreciate seeing the FORUM topics immediately.

I am not a big APP user, unless for newspapers and magazines.

Cheers

Bullfrog

Flightlevel
    Participant

Thks l’m just testing if l’m back on the forum!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=731626]Thks l’m just testing if l’m back on the forum!

[/quote]

You are – welcome back.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree with Martyn. Took a bit of getting used to but I think it’s now much better. As I did before I bookmarked the Forum page so I go straight there and I love the now extended list of threads.

jsn55
    Participant

I’ve been distracted by some business stuff and a consumer advocacy forum … haven’t beamed up BT for quite a while … LOVE the new look, smart and sophisticated. Well done!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Can some one explain please..

b-quote = ??
    img = ??
    ol = ??
    li = ??
    code = ??
    close tags = ??

I noticed in another thread, a poster has included his screen name in a Tag.. what does this do…?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s just BB codes allowing you to format content in certain ways – most of them not relevant!

Flightlevel
    Participant

Mr T.Otley ref.your Dohar airport tax news:Your first mention of Dubai should be Doha maybe?Thks for news.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you – sorry I missed that. Corrected now.
    Tom

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=731484]I’ve not been such an active contributor to BT over the years, but I have always enjoyed looking at Forum topics on a regular basis.
    Since the new layout, I have hardly viewed the forum.
    It was always easier to view current topics on the front page of BT. To have to access menus has ‘put me off’.
    Looking at the Forum, it looks far more complicated and less inviting.
    Just my observations ..

[/quote]

I do agree with this point of view. I do find the new layout quite cluttered with thank yous, how many times people have replied, thanked each other etc.

Plus it doesn’t seem well optimised for mobile devices and on balance I preferred the original version, antiquated though it was.

In still reading a few of the items from time to time but I’d say my usage has gone down by about 90%.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

OK, well we put in the ability to thank people because it was a request from users.

As an experiment, I’ve turned it off, along with how many replies each user has made.

You can still find this out by clicking on the user – it’s useful if you want to know a little about how long someone has been around.

Let’s see what everyone else thinks

NTarrant
    Participant

I have to agree with Bullfrog and SimonS1, before we had a full page width, I’m usually on iPad, now the size is reduced to 2/3rds. Can we have the full page back please

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls