New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 338 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Failed sign-in / log-in

Sorry to those of you having trouble signing in to the website. We are sorting it out – it’s very frustrating, I know.

The only advice we have is as follows:

If you are a subscriber, and you don’t receive it to your inbox, check your clutter / junk folders, as it may go into there. Mailchimp (which is the email software we are using) says this is because “Some domains don’t like seeing emails going to and from the same domain, via a third party” – so hopefully this should not affect external subscribers.

If you don’t already subscribe, you can either register on the site here:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/register/

or log in if you have an account and update your newsletter preferences here:

Sign in

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Good afternoon,
    Sorry, log ins are not working at the moment (though if you are logged in you probably are OK). We are working to fix it.
    Tom

icenspice
    Participant

Back in…phew ?

stevescoots
    Participant

any idea how to change password, or make it stay logged in?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

You can change your password My Account

The staying logged in we are working on – it’s very annoying having to log in everytime, and of course, there’s the added twist that the log in might have stopped working while you were away.

This isn’t a cunning plan to keep you all logged in and doing nothing else over the weekend.

In fact, it’s isn’t even a plan.

stevescoots
    Participant

Maybe I am having a dumb IT day but I cannot change my password. I get the error attached, even though using the same log in details as i logged in with

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

No, it’s us having a dumb IT week.

At least you are able to log in, though, unless trying to change the password had logged you out…

stevescoots
    Participant

still logged in and tried again, no joy

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Can you get to this page to change your password?

My Account

That then has the link through to Change you password.
    When you click that, it takes you through to the page where you actually change your password.
    Assuming that’s where it fails, I will get the IT bods on it tomorrow.
    thanks
    Tom

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve noticed that whereas I used to stay logged in for ever (almost), I’m now required to login every few days. Is this a gremlin or a security feature by design?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I think it’s the latter but I’ve asked for it to be changed – it’s just too annoying.

There’s a long list – names not showing properly, more personalisation so you can choose what to see when you visit the forum, including topics displayed either most recent first or in chronological order, personal messaging, seatplans reviews re-integrated, historical / legacy comments back on the pieces you commented on, forum widget on home page working… it goes on….

2 users thanked author for this post.

MrMichael
    Participant

I notice the forum is pretty quiet last few days, hope it’s not the case that regulars are unable to log in, actually I hope that is the case! I know what I mean. I am really missing my daily dose of FDOS bigging up BA 🙂

icenspice
    Participant

Hello Mr Michael. I think it’s simply a case of getting used to the new forum. I am very happy with the new format but have found I am less inclined to post. No doubt this will change in the coming weeks and months.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well whether it’s good news or bad news, a lot of people still can’t log in, or have been so frustrated that they have decided to wait before they try again.

One rightly indignant user rang us up to ask why we didn’t test it.

The answer is we did, but there are so many sub sets of the groups of users that it seems that when we run a fix to sort out one set of users’ log-in problems, it affects another group, perhaps who could previously log in, but then find they can’t after the fix, or can’t change their password, or if they’ve forgotten the new one they were forced to create, can’t then have a new one sent to them, or if it is sent, then it doesn’t work, either because of a caching issue, or the browser, or or or….

So I think it’s expected that the forum is quiet.

IN fact, I’m grateful anyone made the effort !

MrMichael
    Participant

Icenspice, good to hear your alive and well.

Tom, I am sure some users are frustrated, as with any change people can and do find it difficult at first. I guess the old forum was very comfortable, like a well worn favourite jumper! I have no doubt people will drift back in time. End of the day you have an updated site with some great new features, and clearly more to come. I wish you and your team well with sorting out the bugs.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls