New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 338 total)

• handbag
    Participant

[quote quote=620872]I do have one suggestion, and possibly one that’s already been suggested….
    Is it possible to have the most recent topic at the top of page 1?
    But then again the majority rules : )

[/quote]

Think this would be a much better idea, than always having to scroll to last page to see the latest.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

What is handy though, when you do reply, you no longer go to the thread’s beginning on page 1, but stay on the same page. Not a problem when the threads were short but a nuisance when they were umpteen pages long.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=621150]

I do have one suggestion, and possibly one that’s already been suggested….
    Is it possible to have the most recent topic at the top of page 1?
    But then again the majority rules : )

Think this would be a much better idea, than always having to scroll to last page to see the latest.

[/quote]

I’ve just seen the reply button and the quote button. Very useful as well though I hope if the post being replied to is overly long the respondent will edit it in his reply so just the relevant part being replied to is shown.

Forgotten what I wanted to say now!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ah yes, I agree with Handbag and Canucklad about the last post first. I seem to remember seeing somewhere on some other forum that you could choose how you want to view it, ie. last post first or first post first.

Would this be possible Tom?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’m making a list !

NTarrant
    Participant

Think that is a good idea LP

MartynSinclair
    Participant

has any one worked out how to stay logged in all the time, i.e. not needing to sign in on every visit…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Forgive me, but yet another idea. It would be great to have an arrow so you can click through to the next thread (or back) without having to click on “forum” link again and then choosing the next thread.

It would also be nice of our names were not truncated. Is that just a matter of formatting or screen size? I do have a 32″ monitor so wouldn’t think it’s screen size!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just found another fault. when clicking on a link within a post it no longer opens in a separate window as it used to.

stevescoots
    Participant

LP, if using Chrome browser click down on middle mouse button, it will open in new tab, or hover over link right click and selct open in new tab or window. Not ideal but fast

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Of all the comments, for me the most important is to have many more threads listed on the home page – an interesting thread can drop off the list far too quickly.

4 users thanked author for this post.

peter19
    Participant

bug report:

When i subscribe to a thread the email does come though but the link generated is wrong and not hyperlinked.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=625944]bug report:

When i subscribe to a thread the email does come though but the link generated is wrong and not hyperlinked.

[/quote]

Thank you – list is growing but really good of you all to point these out – much appreciated.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Tom, you posted a thread yesterday, containing 3 very useful shortcuts to new posts…

Would it be possible to create icons for those 3 shortcuts and keep them somewhere near the top.

Now they have disappeared …. somewhere….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=626111]Tom, you posted a thread yesterday, containing 3 very useful shortcuts to new posts…

Would it be possible to create icons for those 3 shortcuts and keep them somewhere near the top.

Now they have disappeared …. somewhere….

[/quote]

I wish there was. Something isn’t working because I have added it as a “Super Sticky” which should mean it stays at the top but not working. I need to get an IT designer on it but at the moment they are fixing all the people who have not received the newsletter sent out today.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls