New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 338 total)

• rjhcambs
    Participant

I finally managed to log in today using internet explorer. Had no success previously with Safari on my iPad.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I have noticed the same oddly quiet air around the forum. So I am logging to see if it is still there….

I cannot get it to open on my (Android) phone.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

That’s strange because I’m reading it on mine !

If you have chance could you send a screen grab (or attach one) of what happens when it doesn’t open?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

One of the problems I am finding, as I have already mentioned, is that my password is not being held in the log in page so each time I enter the Forum, I am required to re enter my password.

Very tedious…..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Normally I’m not that happy with change, especially when I’m used to something. However I’m happy with the new site as well as the forum and though there have been teething problems, hats off to Tom and the team for listening to us and addressing the problems – bit by bit.

I think this has been a change for the good and look forward to the new features as they are switched on.

An example of how not to update a site must be the new airliners.net website. It’s awful and I know a few contributors from here also use that site so I wonder what they think of it? Sorry, slight drift I know!

openfly
    Participant

Hi Tom….where is the “Add Topic” button?!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, that might explain the lack of new topics !

It’s vanished.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

OK, one way for now of creating a new topic, is to find the forum you want to create it in and then at the bottom you can see a Create New Topic box at the bottom (if you are logged in – which of course you probably won’t be since you are logged out when you last closed the page).

So if you look at the one for the BA thread

British Airways

It’s there at the bottom.

Since not all forums are showing on the home page (another bug) you can search for the forum using the search box.

Forum search box

Pretty hopeless, but not completely…..

mkcol74
    Participant

Just wondering why my avatar appears when I “thank” someone, but not when I reply. I am logged in each time (not a boast, just a statement!).

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Probably just a quirk.

Do we want avatars to appear all the time? I don’t expect many to put their faces in them, but do you think they would add some colour?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Testing to see if I am able to post.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Tom et al, once again thanks for all the work you are putting into this day by day to get it right, you are doing an amazing job and it’s all looking better all the time. I’ve always maintained (and some people think I’ve lost the plot when I say it!) that new IT projects need a while to settle down – even a new PC and I can see this getting better each time I look at it. Well done!

ABBA.

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=641953]Probably just a quirk.

Do we want avatars to appear all the time? I don’t expect many to put their faces in them, but do you think they would add some colour?

[/quote]

I can’t remember which blog-type site it was that I uploaded my avatar, hence why it’s a rather random squished-up version of myself! I don’t mind them being on here.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Tom – yes, I will send that screen grab whan I am in a position to do so. A bit far away at the moment…..
    DG

stevescoots
    Participant

Tom, Password change etc is all working ok for me now. I dont mind having Avatars

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls