New British Airways Ad

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• pixelmeister
    Participant

I guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder. I thought it was a neat (if slightly cheesy) way of tieing in the Olympics sponsorship to the new brand campaign. To be honest the subtle bits around inconsistencies in bagtags, style of luggage etc went over my head. It was less cheesy than the recent Virgin ad,

Re: Olympic medals – the UK is fourth in the overall table for most Summer Olympics medals, behind the USA, Soviet Union and Germany. In the 2008 games the UK came fourth behind the USA, China and Russia.

RichHI1
    Participant

I think you have hit the secret. In the BA ad, the Little Girl’s bag which we presume to be British by commentary (there is no national id on the bag so maybe they voice over in Europe, hoorah Belgium has one…) only wins the “race” because someone behind the scenes switches the track and allows the bag to overtake the US rimowa. Maybe they are going to manipulate theVIP traffic lanes or something like that to stop non GB athletes getting to stadium?

And here comes a late entry…

http://www.worldmate.com/travelog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sacramento-international-airport-baggage-claim-110708.jpg

Just watching TV in UK (Discovery Shed This Old House rerun). BA advert followed by Cadbury Creme Egg Olympic Advert. It said it all… how sad the agency failed BA so badly. BA has good flight crew, quality 744 772 and 773 aircraft, fantastic cabin crew, good lounges, fixed Terminal systems at T5 but where do they focus for advertising history of flying and Olympics in UK, neither of which are a BA advantage. Guys wake up, your agency is ripping you off. You have a good product, you have a number of USP’s which take time to accumulate and you have key differentiators which you ignore in Brand communication. Duh!

Kaicat75
    Participant

Out of interest BA are currently asking people what they think of their new advert on facebook https://www.facebook.com/britishairways if anyone wants to comment directly to them.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls