New British Airways Ad

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

You remind me that as soon as I find out who to complain to, I want to complain about the ridiculous NCW print and web ad that BA runs out here highlighting “The starfish” (one arm around the head, the other out to the side and bent at the elbow) as being “One of the many sleeping positions you can enjoy” – the clear implication being that in CW the seats are so wide you can lie down in this position. This would mean that at shoulder level the seats would have to be wider than your shoulders plus the length of your upper arm. I tried it recently – more like my shoulder width plus the upper arm of a gnat. Trouble is, I cant find that there is a Hong Kong equivalent of the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK…

DoorsToManual
    Participant

How about a shot of The Dorchester that inspired the creation of the First Afternoon Tea…a shot of The Dorchester Cafe in Hounslow that is! All BA scones can also be used as cricket balls!

The new ad is now live and can be seen here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/new-british-airways-ad

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

It’s difficult to believe they could have come up with something worse than the last one but they’ve managed it!

LeTigre
    Participant

It’s not classy but it’s brilliant! I love it!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Be fair LPPSKrisFlyer is not all that bad shame they didnt show more of the on board stuff. At least you get to see what happens to you bags. The old one looked better on in cinema but this is still good 🙂 xx

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

I found it funney!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry, but I did not find this funny, notable, nostalgic, or creative. I found it cringeworthy. I cannot believe BA spent good money on this. I hope they asked for a good discount from the ad agency. It seems more like an advert for the company that installs the baggage conveyor system..

The only notable part was the little girls face. Quite priceless, but she would be as good advertising the arrival of her burger as she is her bags.

Unlike the last ad this would not make me want to fly BA and besides, I think a complaint is due to the Advertising Standards as I’ve never seen a bag arrive in such pristine condition. We are being misled!

RichHI1
    Participant

Well I am stunned… The first one dwelled in the past not looking at where they are now, now we have an ad that completely ignores discussing the airline at all. I thought it was puerile and an unbelievable waste of money. It could only be worse if Kevin Spacey was in it!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

BT any chance you can get a statement from BA on why they chose this ad? thanks xx

Hippocampus
    Participant

I liked it.

Some people can never stop moaning. Lighten up!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Lol…sounds like soome people are getting old (just teasing you, still love all) xxx

RichHI1
    Participant

I suppose if you have nothing good to say then you talk about something else. Trouble is I do not think BA is that bad, I think they have USP’s. Also I find it troubling how much damage they are doing to Brand Equity with this amateurish campaign.

JordanD
    Participant

It’s a clear tie in with their sponsorship of London 2012. I think that’s clear in not only the ‘competition’ between different nations, but also in their use of sports commentators to do the voice over (the British voice is Jim Rosenthall).

Good ad, very different, let the haters hate.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Bottom line.
    The idea of advertising.
    Will it make more premium passengers fly BA and increase revenue?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls