New British Airways Ad

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

• Anonymous

JordanD
    Participant

After the “To Fly. To Serve” ad last year, British Airways have announced a new ad is to be launched next week.

Announcement was made on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/165410681535987712

The countdown indicates a launch at 1100GMT on 09 Feb 2012. Am sure others will be along wiht more information shortly.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Well, I have not seen the first one, yet and am in no rush to see this one (or any airline ad.)

RichHI1
    Participant

Will new ad be in all slots or will the old ad continue alongside? WIll there be a website so we can see the likelihood of getting New Ad in a particular slot 😉

Guys, get a life. I can understand interest in what service or equipment an airline will offer but following their commercials? Maybe BA will release them on Blu Ray for Christmas for the person who has everything/nothing (depending on your point of view).

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I found the old advert very boring and will not be in any rush to see the new one.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

@03/02/2012 15:14 GMT

Priceless 🙂

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Just as he did for the Avios, am going to join VK and stay up all night for it – as long as it takes, just on the off chance it is released early for Australia. It will undoubtably be worth staying up for.

Can anyone help me get it onto infinite loop as a screen saver for my PC, TV and phone, it would be much appreciated. I have flagged it “like” on my dogs facebook account already.

Am salivating in anticipation.

Maybe it is why BA have already cancelled many flights into and out of LHR due to impending snow, so they can ensure a captive audience too.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16162116

JordanD
    Participant

Should have expected such negativity. Just thought I’d offer up some information as it may be of interest to you. Not sure it was worth the effort.

Hippocampus
    Participant

It was worth the effort JordanD. Thank you.

TdC – All airlines have been asked to reduce their flights by 30% tomorrow by BAA. Virgin and bmi have also cancelled flights tomorrow. But still, never miss a chance to have a pop at BA eh?

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Hippo – lighten up, it was in jest, as if BA would hold passengers even for 1 minute let alone 5 days in order to guarantee an audience for the ad’s release on Friday (according to Jordan). Is BA working you so hard you’ve lost your sense of perspective?

BTW I have no problem with BA, some of my closest friends work for the company, I have a problem with the Destroyer of Shareholder Value that is Walsh – as do many of its employees.

Jordan – Sorry, no harm intended, I was being flippant as some posters went totally OTT last time. It is after all just an ad.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

JordanD hun what were you thinking!! come out with it you are really VK arent you?? ;o)… dont deny it peple have pics you will get exposed to the world no one will now trust you cant big up ba it is wrong probably ilegal. they will start a new thread and everthing…hahahhahahh …lol.. :o) XXXXXxxxxxxxxXXXX

fyi this is a joke on my part (my comment not your thread) and like TDC said no harm intended either xxx

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I loved the old ad and so do my kids. Cannot wait for the new one. Thanks for pointing this out Jordan.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Personally, I am a little worried who the next advert will focus on. The first advert, albeit nicely made, has left us with a new nickname for our pilots, “The Pioneers”, which they don’t really like, which is great for us crew.

Used in sentences such as “Are you meeting for a drink when we get to the hotel?” “Yes, but I don’t drink with The Pioneers after they screwed us over during the troubles, just for a few extra quid!” “Great, I don’t wanna drink with them either and nor do the others. They can go out by themselves and talk about flaps all night and bore themselves to death!” :-))

I’m hoping, as in the last ad, the campaign focuses on departments of BA that are irrelevant to customers saving us crew from ridicule.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Forget BOAC and Concorde, I want the next ad to feature members of BA’s Finance and Accounting team in their navy blu cardigans extolling the virtues of yield management and whether the YCL2M45 fare achieves a highter ROI than the FBKLEY fare on a Wednesday afternoon on BA123 at 3pm.

Better yet…. how about images of incoming CW food trolleys at BA Catering. Dirty plates of left over BA Signature Fish Pie, High Tea and glasses of half drunk Bucks Fizz just before they hit the dishwashers.

To Fly to….

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Or how about one shot in a bakery making thousands and thousands of scones for afternoon tea 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls