More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 803 total)

• openfly
    Participant

@rferguson

Apologies…just seen your reply to me.

Yes you are so right in what you say.

Talking about the removal of the gerbera from the Club loos, I flew in F recently. On boarding at LHR I noticed that the white gerbera display at the front of the cabin were so limp they were flopped over. So, I went and tied them in a knot, each one tied to each other by their stems. And that is how they stayed for the next 11 hours….to much amusement in the cabin.
    I was under the impression that your mixed fleet colleagues thought that the knotted stems were part of the display!!! ;-))

MartynSinclair
    Participant

M25 was empty today, T5 was flowing, even through security and met the most delightful Premium Manager in First lounge, Sharon Busby, who gave me permission to publish her name..

She was very interested in this thread and welcomes any Forum contributor to seek her out with both positive and negative feedback..

Swindoneric
    Participant

Actually I would agree that T5 worked really well this morning. No queue at bag drop, only a tiny wait at security and Galleries North was fine. Everyone smiling and polite. Crew on flight to Edinburgh really friendly and the 767 looked clean. BA can still get it right sometimes.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

And en route to BUD last Thursday morning, T3 was pretty much empty when we arrived, security was a doddle (I didn’t get “pinged” for once), the BA T3 lounge almost deserted with a reasonable supply of breakfast items and plenty of clear and clean tables. The lounge did not look tatty, there was plenty of available seating and the place provided Snr Management and me with an excellent view of the apron. I was even able to grab a copy of the FT and my standard two apple crumble biscuits in a napkin to have on board…

Snr Management commented that she altogether preferred the peace and quiet of T3 to T5.

KarlMarx
    Participant

Just wait until you try the new T2 🙂

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

I love T2! Been through it twice in the past few weeks. Love the United lounge, great food, bar etc, just head and shoulders above the BA ones I’ve been in. However, credit where it’s due – the chilli in Galleries South on Saturday was really nice, possibly the best chilli I have tasted. There you go, I said it.

the747guy
    Participant

Yes, I agree with the basket of biscuits at the exit of the Lounge, I would take a couple on my way out to the plane. It would be a good way to say, “I miss BA”, when I am enjoying a biscuit and a cup of tea in a far away land, and can’t wait to take my BA flight back home!

esselle
    Participant

Coming through the BA lounge in MAN this morning I was pretty impressed with the quality of the white wines on offer (although as it was 9.00 I didn’t actually try any!).

Now in the T5 First lounge, I am wholly underwhelmed by how average all the whites are.

Shouldn’t it be the other way round?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sadly, I was largely underwhelmed by the current poor food offerings in the T5 F lounge and discussed this with one of the managers.

IMHO, there was too much “wet splashy” style food, which is pretty dumb for an airport lounge as its easy to get food stains.

There is currently no “trophy” style food, like a decent meat or fish offering on the table.. seems to have gone down hill for the moment..

esselle
    Participant

Spooky. Somebody at Baxter Storey must have read my comment, as they have just wheeled out a Grand Cru Chablis and a half decent looking Fuisse!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Esselle – is the food still “splashy”… or has my email been read too ? 🙂

esselle
    Participant

Martyn

A lot of splashy and, if you threw one hard enough, you could probably inflict a fatal injury with the baked potatoes ……..

NTarrant
    Participant

On Sunday they had pressed pork which was excellent.

esselle
    Participant

Just had Thai chicken curry in the F lounge which was sweet (!!) BUT it is St. George’s day and to celebrate there is a tea party going on, with Twinings tea and, I will leave you to guess why, cakes from Waitrose.

Yum Yum

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cod and pea fish cakes – simply superb!

Also met Giovanni Camacho (Sam’s replacement) – who said several have now introduced themselves to him.

He understood the “splashy food” problem and also said there IS a regular review of all dishes….

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls