More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 796 through 803 (of 803 total)

• HappytobeSilver
    Participant

Martyn

I’m afraid that I have to disagree re the food offering in the F Lounge at LHR. I was in yesterday for the first time in a few weeks and was disappointed to see that at 5.30pm there were many fewer both hot and cols dishes on offer. The buffet hot/cold +salad dishes are now displayed on one stand together whereas previously there was a separate serving area for each. On my flight up to Glasgow the plastic glasses were so flimsy that it was difficult for the staff not to spill the water when serving to customers.

I’m a BA fan but feel recent service standards are slipping. On an F flight to Tel Aviv recently I was unable to choose my meal online despite the BA website sating this was one of the routes where this is possible. Off to Boston in CW in a couple of weeks and again unable to pre-order from the menu available on the day despite the website saying I can. Maybe I’m missing something?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

3 hours to enjoy the T5 F lounge tomorrow (Friday 15th) evening.

Anyone wishing to join me for a round of whisky and red wine tasting…. I will be… in close proximity of the appropriate bottles…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

A suggestion to BA Management – when you bring Rentokil into the T5 lounge and showing the firm “where the problem is” – make sure you have no passengers nearby or within hearing & perhaps also suggest the Rentokil agent doesn’t turn up in a uniform…

Put me quite off my cod and sweet potato lunch….

K1ngston
    Participant

Martyn any ‘rat’ atouille with that????

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=830945]A suggestion to BA Management – when you bring Rentokil into the T5 lounge and showing the firm “where the problem is” – make sure you have no passengers nearby or within hearing & perhaps also suggest the Rentokil agent doesn’t turn up in a uniform…
    Put me quite off my cod and sweet potato lunch….
    [/quote]

Ha ha – you encountered BA’s new cost control effort to reduce food consumption 😉

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Just thought I would add that the Memsahib, with her newfound emerald status (and she has gifted a spouse card to me, so I have two emerald cards now!) has enjoyed the BA F lounges at T5 and LOW in the past month and was thrilled. I think that sometimes we forget that despite their many flaws, sometimes the BA F lounges in London are regarded as superb by those not used to such pampering!

I will add that when we both went through T5 last month the breakfast was very good. Either they have worked out how to remove those horrible white blobs from the bacon or they have a better source…

Mind you, I would still choose the CX T3 F lounge any day. Had superb food there the other week…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

When I first received the Concorde room card, (at 5,000 tier points), I recall being distinctly underwhelmed on my initial visit.
    Expectations were set way to high in my case.
    After 3 years however, I’m quite sad to be losing it this November!

With the benefit of hindsight, I realise that I will miss the tranquility of the CCR.

After requalifying for GGL at 3,000 again, to add an additional 2,000 points just to get a CCR card (which I can now only use at LHR) is, well, pointless.
    Back to the noisy and frankly overcrowded F lounge for me in December

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Busy in the First Lounge today but not too bad. Good choice of food and drink. Tables cleared quickly. Very good experience. Henriot Champagne and…

IMG_20171014_134646-02

And while still in there a text survey asking about the experience.

A good gin tasting option at one end of the lounge, and Innocent drinks on the terrace.

A lot of the plug points don’t work now, I see, so they should get the electrians in.

Viewing 8 posts - 796 through 803 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls