More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 803 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

So you’re just making stuff up. Great.

esselle
    Participant

Yawn.

What is it about “simple courtesy” that you don’t understand.

dutchyankee
    Participant

You say that to esselle VK, and yet you bristle everytime someone accuses you of having an affiliation with BA considering all your intimate inside knowledge about all things BA. Pot Kettle perhaps? I will be trying the F lounge on Wednesday next week arriving from LED at approx 17h00, connecting to BRU, what can I expect for my two hour wait? Are the changes really that noticeable?

Swindoneric
    Participant

This forum becomes increasingly comical by the day. I thought that the offering last night in LGW Galleries was more than acceptable – but then it should be. To suggest that lounge qualifying pax have an “opportunity to sample the other food outlets in T5” until the new caterers have access to the full food preparation facilities seems a strange comment to make…

VintageKrug
    Participant

Have you visited in the afternoons, swindoneric? It’s really less than satisfactory in Galleries First, and especially after 3pm.

esselle used to have an office at Manchester Airport, so may well have been in a role connected with aviation.

Given esselle’s noticeably increased post count of the past four weeks, he may even have recently retired, to add to the slew of retirees who post here.

I would imagine the contract is commercial in confidence, so either esselle has been given information by one of the people who run the MAN lounge who he “knows rather well”, and has betrayed that confidence or in fact he is one of the contracting parties, which is even worse.

Either way, it’s hearsay and without a referenced source, I wouldn’t give it much weight.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Careful, VK, as no one posts as often as you so are you also one of `the slew of retirees who post here,` or just a wannabe?

For someone who continually calls foul on everyone picking on you, you do love to stir the pot and start fights. What`s the point?

dutchyankee
    Participant

Careful, VK, as no one posts as often as you so are you also one of `the slew of retirees who post here,` or just a wannabe?

For someone who continually calls foul on everyone picking on you, you do love to stir the pot and start fights. What`s the point?

esselle
    Participant

Dear VK

Why do you have to be so insulting in your postings? You are in effect calling me a liar, which I really do find wholly unacceptable.

Your most recent post (10.34) contains one factually correct point, which is that I used to have an office at MAN. I have also on many occassions pointed out that I am retired.

The rest of your speculation is tosh.

You do seem to find it quite hard to accept that there are other posters here who have superior knowledge to yours.

The key point about the contract is factually correct. Sorry if you do not like that.

VintageKrug
    Participant

On the contrary, I’m thrilled as a shareolder if BA is making sensible savings on its lounge contract, and better focussing its spend. Though we have no referenced evidence that it is making savings.

I do, however, feel that this has been done by eliminating offerings between 3pm-6pm to better focus on quality during other times of the day. I don’t agree with that approach, and many other people also object to it.

It’s not really appropriate to make a judgement on the offering until post July 1st, when BS’s full offering will be clearer. I will therefore reserve judgement.

I am sure there will be an opportunity for frequent business flyers to question those responsible for the recent changes at the BA hospitality tent at http://www.ba.com/taste

esselle
    Participant

VK

What a rude, ill informed little man you are.

carlton
    Participant

@ openfly – Yes I can see why one could think that but I’m pretty certain we have no connection whatsoever apart from both being male and residents of this planet.

I think BA has a great offering although I am only a silver member so I don’t have access to the F lounge or the C room unless in F.
    I think most carriers have their ups and downs when it comes to their service be it in the lounges or at 35000 feet as they try and tackle high costs and ever increasing pressure on yields, even in the premium cabins.
    It seems like people enjoy criticising BA just for the sake of it, yes they have their challenges but who doesn’t and to say that all the ME carriers are flawless is simply not true.

If I have an issue I usually send an email as that’s all I can do, if it falls on deaf ears then well, at least I tried.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Henkel, are you still around in TPR? If so, I’m in the bay of chairs just on the left as you come in. It would be great to meet you. I’m on my own so please come and chat if you would like to.

NNoah16
    Participant

All these conversations are getting so so tedious.
    I will be at the FC lounge at T5 at 15:30 this week and will see for myself.

Don’t know who to believe anymore.
    and.. No VK, I will not use T5 outlets just because BA quality has gone down.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

VK you hammer the point that you are a shareholder in every readers face….the shareholders has the chance to voice his opinion once a year at General Assembly…that is it….useless to post that like a newpaper ad everywhere…lol.

So, wouldn’t you agree that budget limitations (which seem obvious?!!) are wrong then such budget reductions make premium passengers walk to other carriers?

NNoah16
    Participant

BTW I am also a BA shareholder. Mainly to get the 10% discount on tickets..

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls