More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 803 total)

• millionsofmiles
    Participant

Right, the shareholder discount is great -and unique to BA, to my knowledge.
    The assumtion that a single shareholder will influence product and service strategies i a bit pompous, though.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Websters Dictionary: Pompous, adjective, please see VK for example.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Definition
    (adj) puffed up with vanity

Synonyms : grandiloquent , overblown , pontifical , portentous

Example Sentences:

a grandiloquent and boastful manner
    overblown oratory
    a pompous speech
    pseudo-scientific gobbledygook and pontifical hooey

dutchyankee
    Participant

Sounds like someone we all know!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Well, while Krug has spent the morning continuing to insult people, I’m delighted to say it’s evening here in Singapore and thanks to this board and this thread I’ve just had a very pleasant dinner with CXDiamond here in TPR.

I can’t help but think that if we didn’t all have to spend so much time dealing with a board that is manipulated so much then the positive opportunities it brings would be so many more.

Guest_Poster
    Participant

I understand, from an informed source, that the handover to BS in T1 had a few issues last night. This included an innovative menu of curry and pasta shells, as the kitchen ran out of rice for a while (and possibly Bolognese sauce?)

This is a fact.

Swindoneric
    Participant

Fusion cuisine?

openfly
    Participant

Swindoneric……not sure what u mean….;-)

VK…….why on earth are you pontificating on BA budgets and profitability when we don’t even get dividends?!

Back to the lounges…………Gatwick Galleries had a better selection of everything, apart from the pink ‘poo, compared to the First lounge in the evening on Sunday. Odd!

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Fusion cuisine in this context?

Curry sauce with spaghetti, Bolognese sauce with rice.

Saves money, good for the shareholders! LOL

Swindoneric
    Participant

Openfly, it was a facetious and on reflection a pitifully unamusing attempt to imply that BA are perhaps merging Eastern and Western cuisine..

Guest_Poster
    Participant

Swindoneric – 13/06/2013 15:32 GMT

I thought it was a funny comment 🙂

canucklad
    Participant

evening NNoah…

Tried to resist commenting on this topic, but…youre 10% off flights because you’re a shareholder intrigued me….

How many shares do you need and what other T&C’s are there?

Since it is a topic about BA lounges, I’d like to ask why there is a difference in the UK lounges ?

II no longer fly as frequently as I used to, but if I did would I be able to get a hot breakfast at the galleries lounge at EDI ? and if not , why not…….

If BA truely want’s to rid itself of the London Airways tag then surely all the lounges across the UK ‘s main airports should be consistent ?

Even if it means something as simple as a microwave oven and a chiled cabinet !

openfly
    Participant

Swindoneric….no probs. )))

openfly
    Participant

Swindoneric….no probs. )))

MartynSinclair
    Participant

CXD and HT – that’s probably the nicest news of this thread. 2 business travellers meeting and solely due to postings on this thread.

Hope you had a pleasant dinner and wish more of us would take the time to meet. I am sure the Forum will become a far better place.

Safe travels HT and CXD.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 803 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls