mistreated when travelling with a toddler on business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

• millionsofmiles
    Participant

I traveled with our daughter (with and without my wife) at least 20 long distance trips in F, a few in C. From age 4 to 17.
    She was fed, played and slept. Never any problems, explain what is happening, talk with her. That is all. And having some basic education.

But me as the father also took care for her.

Seems that Gracie does not answer here…hopefully she gives her husband a repprimand or more.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Gracie, you need to be honest with us here:

gracie88 – 09/03/2013 08:42 GMT : We had 2 seats in business class

Really? Did you pay two ADULT fares? I will bet whatever the adult fare is that you didn’t, that you paid one adult fare and one child fare. And your company paid one economy fare. And you are then bitching because your husband abdicated responsibility for your child, expected you to do all the running around, and SQ didn’t let you abuse the system and use a child-fare seat in business for an adult in order to do so?

You are complaining about the airline, but I think your grievances should be aired much, much, much closer to home, at the person who shared a paid seat in the same cabin as your child, allowed you to fly in economy, declined to care for your child despite being in the same cabin, and expected you to run around the aircraft in order to do what he should have been doing

A few more questions for you – did another company pay for your husband and child? Or was that personal expenditure? If so, why didn’t you pay to upgrade yourself to business? Alternatively, if you and your husband decided that *you* were going to be the one responsible for your child during the flight, why didn’t you have the child with you in economy? Or, and this would probably have been the better option, why didn’t you take the business class seat and consign the lazy so-and-so to economy himself?

Whatever the answers to these questions, the answer to your original one is this. SQ were not in the wrong, you were lucky to get away with what you did, and you were not mistreated by anyone other than your husband…

BTW I am a husband and father myself, Gracie. The disparaging comments I make about your spouse are, based on what you have told us, entirely justified. I would never treat my wife or child the way your husband has treated the two of you. And I find it extraordinary that instead of blaming him you are trying to blame the airline. Extraordinary

Simon01
    Participant

You asked for everything that happened.
    Simple solution purchase three seats in Business class

stevescoots
    Participant

nothing to see here, move along, move along

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls