mistreated when travelling with a toddler on business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

• lloydah
    Participant

Loved that one Martyn. If only we could do that to some of the adults too.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Should have checked the child in as an unaccompanied minor, then both could have enjoyed Business Class, leaving the child well looked after in economy!! – tempting thought at least!

Otherwise what is described is taking advantage of SQ.

Binman62
    Participant

Martyn…your story reminds me about a friend of mine who works for VS. A passenger boarded and handed her child over with the comment, please bring her back once we have landed!!

Now that would be a service I would pay good money for!

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Gracie, we would still like to know exactly what your husband was doing the whole flight? Is he not willing or able to take care of his own child? That is child not infant, who must occupy his own seat, one of the two you paid for. I think you have a nerve expecting to go into J.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Slightly off post but this reminds me of a flight when I was sat next to a common woman and her badly behaved child (probably the result of a one night stand in order to live of benefits!) They ate crisps and sweets the whole flight and the kid did whatever he wanted. I heard other pax commenting “why doesn´t the father do anything, he is just sat there reading a book!” I made it quite clear they were nothing to do with me. I hate it when parents use their kids as an excuse for everything with the oft-used quote “if it wasn´t for the kids…….”

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The more I read this post, the more I would love to have some authenticity to the story, unless someone posted it for us all to have some weekend fun.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Gracie…why then didn’t you book your son in Y so he could sit next to you???

As I said, you bought him a child fare in J class expecting you’d be able to take his seat and/or get upgraded yourself even though your seat was in economy.

The scam didn’t work out as you expected and now you’re blaming SQ.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Now I maybe wrong but didn’t one of the airlines launch a nanny in the sky service ?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Gracie:

you paid 1,5 biz fares and 1 eco fare.
    You expect 3 biz seats PLUS royal treatment?
    What did your husband do?

It is not the fault of SQ that your husband did not want to sit with you child!

rferguson
    Participant

That’s right HongKongLady. Gulf Air offers ‘Sky Nanny’.

http://www.gulfair.com/English/info/OnBoard/Pages/SkyNanny.aspx

1nfrequent
    Participant

“Guys,
    Maybe I have not explained it well…..
    We had 2 seats in business class, so why did SQ insist my son sit on his own and the infant seat belt is not safe??? If it’s really not safe to use one, then why when we were upgraded and had 3 seats, we can use the infant seat belt?
    Pls enlighten me?”

Gracie – is your complaint that the infant seat belt isn’t safe? Because I could have some sympathy for this if it weren’t for the fact that you don’t mention what your husband was doing while your son was almost being strangled. Had he gone to sleep? Was he just watching it happen? Was he seated in a different area of business class? Basically, why wasn’t he stopping it? If your husband can’t be trusted to look after your son, then why wasn’t he down in economy?

1F

Binman62
    Participant

Gracie

In your first post you said the crew allowed you to sit with you 2.5 year old toddler for takeoff. They should not have one so as after 2 years the child hound have its own seat. ( some airlines have exceptions whilst others like BA will provide a seat for free if the first leg begins whilst the child is an infant….ie under 2 years.

You were the upgraded. So all in all SIN ICN SFO was a definite win for you.

On the return the crew behaved as they should by refusing you as the child is over 2 years old and must sit alone using the correct restraint.

In 2011 the child was an infant and therefore was suitable for using the extension belts and sharing a seat.

Bottom line is you were lucky leaving SIN and luckier still to get an upgrade.

Swapping seats in flight is a pain for everyone and airlines rightly protect their products and revenue. Passengers who refuse to pay for seats in premium cabins should not be allowed in them….. If you want to sit with your kids book seats in same cabin

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well said Binman.

ivornomates
    Participant

I gave up the will to live reading this obvious joke of a complaint. Your lazy arsed husband needs to think about why he bothered having a kid and you need to get to grips with you got way more than you paid for without being told in no uncertain terms to get lost

Papillion53
    Participant

I had to re-read the OP’s post as I just could not understand like most of you why on earth with his father in the same cabin, she was running back and forth! Or why they weren’t all in the same cabin in the first place!

We had a lovely family in F – mum, dad and a child of about the same age as the OPs. He had his own seat and mum sat opposite him, dad next to him in the middle seat, with dad giving a running commentary on take off to reassure etc. Mum sat on companion seat giving the young sir his dinner, and then he was tucked up watching a movie, slipping further and further down his bed until he was fast asleep and his little eyes could stay awake no longer! Not a cheep was heard even when he was awake after his 8 hours, he sat up looked around, saw his mum and dad – she had cleverly left her TV on with the map showing, so he knew where she was – and played with the toys his mum had left on his bed. He did not get out of bed and he was as content as could be. He had his breakfast when mum woke up. There was no disruption to the other passengers at all, in fact quite the opposite with this charming young man! But of course, they were all booked into the same cabin, none of the carry on described above!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls