Lufthansa Ditches First Class in A Third of Fleet

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

I am just back from a LH flight from Frankfurt to Washington on the 747-8 …I chose it on purpose ..frankly I was not at all a fan of the older ,former LH biz class long haul product ..I was using Swiss ,Air France and Openskies as favorite products .happily the new LH product is a huge clear improvement on the former one ..no comparison ..my experience on the upper deck was very pleasant and LH managed to draw in my mind the image of a world class caring airline ,very much customer oriented …the seat comfort was good ,the food was superb and the crew overwhelmingly attentive and pleasant .
    I do agree that the upcoming KLM new World biz class on the 747-400 looks much more spacious but at least LH can now claim a better ranking. Among European carriers providing a decent biz class experience …in F ,LH is miles ahead of AF and BA ..in my eyes ,at least .

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

I am just back from a LH flight from Frankfurt to Washington on the 747-8 …I chose it on purpose ..frankly I was not at all a fan of the older ,former LH biz class long haul product ..I was using Swiss ,Air France and Openskies as favorite products .happily the new LH product is a huge clear improvement on the former one ..no comparison ..my experience on the upper deck was very pleasant and LH managed to draw in my mind the image of a world class caring airline ,very much customer oriented …the seat comfort was good ,the food was superb and the crew overwhelmingly attentive and pleasant .
    I do agree that the upcoming KLM new World biz class on the 747-400 looks much more spacious but at least LH can now claim a better ranking. Among European carriers providing a decent biz class experience …in F ,LH is miles ahead of AF and BA ..in my eyes ,at least .

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentllemen,

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Swissdiver – 11/10/2013 19:19 GMT

Thanks for confirming that. your link referencing is broken.

I did a sector on this seat recently and thought it was very good – the footsie issue is no worse than the up and down divider in CW, to me.

However, appreciate YMMV.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I would just love to add that nowadays the LH business ANC especially Senator lounges at FRA airport in the Schengen and non Schengen zones are among the most accommodating and pleasant in Europe ,unlike a few years ago …they are now beating by far the BA T5 lounge that feels like a crowded train station ..

Swissdiver
    Participant

Sorry for the broken link, FDoS. It is supposed to point to the review I wrote about the new business class seat. Here it is again: http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Lufthansa-B747-8-(Config.-2)-Business

Swissdiver
    Participant

KSHaggag,
    Please compare apples with apples. Regular business class lounges (non Senators) at FRA are usually crowded with very limited services (excepted one). Now if you want to compare Senator lounges with what is available at LHR T5, then you need to choose the First class lounge, one of the bests in Europe in my view, with free massages, Grande CuvĂ©e of champagne, a la carte food, …

KSHaggag
    Participant

Let s compare the New LH biz class lounge long haul at FRA with the LHR T5 Galleries lounge …the LH one is more spacious ,more airy,illuminated and offering a good view of the tarmac ..moreover ,the food station is tidier and cleaner ..at LHR u hardly find a seat and the view is rather obstructed and limited .
    Comparing Senator lounges with the First BA lounge would be fair .shall we compare the First class terminal at FRA with the Concorde room?

millionsofmiles
    Participant

No, Sissdiver. If you compare BA F lounges, you should take LH F lounges for comparison. LH is MILES ahead, miles..and not taking about dirty kitchen, ba hygiene and overaged food products.

And the new LH biz is years ahead of BA’s outdated, cramped and tight Club World.
    And now we dont even want to compare F in LH and BA, where the 15 yo BA product loses out on every aspect, especially seat comfort and food.
    And please, refrain from the shareholders point of view….we are talking about travel on BA and LH, not about share performance.

Swissdiver
    Participant

FRA 1st with LHR Concorde makes sense. And FRA 1st wins (even without massage).
    Back to regular business class lounges, only one out of 6 or 7 at FRA is up to the standards. All the others are crap… At T5, the three of them are offering the same comfort, even if sometime they are a bit packed. T5 wins clearly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls