Lufthansa Ditches First Class in A Third of Fleet

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Re: Seat and a Bed

Here’s the piece we published in March 2011 with photos.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/lufthansa-new-first-class

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Karim, it would have been MUC ZRH LUG and given me just 5 hours at home. Time enough to set up Coronation Street on the recorder!!!

I think it’s FRA on the way out and MUC coming back and I look forward to trying the lounge again. I’ll certainly pen a report.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi LP !

I believe you are flying via JNB on the way out on the A380 ???….you will love the First cabin on that aircraft !….
    Enjoy your experiences in FRA and MUC …
    I usually use the FCT in FRA but the lounge is also superb ..
    Looking forward to reading your comments shortly !
    Cheers

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m curious Karim, what is the difference between the FCT and the lounge?

KSHaggag
    Participant

The FCT is more spacious and has private rooms for relaxation plus the bathrooms are hugely spacious ,however let me admit that the first time I visited the FCT was in December 2004 and the lad time was in October 2013 ,however almost nothing has changed in the 9 years elapsed ..I believe the FCT lounge area and facilities should get a facelift ..10. Years. Is too long for a First class facility to get revamped ….the First class lounges in Frankfurt feel much fresher and newer …either way ,you will spend a pleasant few hours .

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Many thanks Karim. I’ve experience of the F lounge at FRA so I’ll try the FCT and if it’s not better I’ll move to the lounge. I’ll let you know in a few weeks.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Yep ….enjoy your time there …all my best wishes to you .

Regardless which facility you will use ,the LH ground facilities in F cl are now the best in Europe alongside my beloved Swiss .

Remains to be seen ,whether AF will revamp it’s salon La Premiere when they unveil their new seat in First next April …

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls