LUFTHANSA – BUSINESS CLASS

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear LuganoPirate !!!

It was just on the tip of my tongue !!!!…I wanted to say there is nothing like Swiss especially in F ………!!..however they do not fly to SYD so u still need to connect in BKK or HKG onto another carrier ….

Excellent service ,superb crew ,soothing ambience and flat F bed ….what do u want more ????….also Status Senator and HON Circle miles ….Zurich hub is the best in the world ( in my eyes ) ….I wish they flew to every corner of the globe ..!

If you get a good fare in J LHR/MEL via DOH ,go for Qatar Airways …..but just to MEL ………………..outstanding !

Cheers !

Karim

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi Karim,

I seem to have lost my way on this thread and missed the SYD element. It’s a shame Swiss don’t fly down under as I hope to go there next year so I will check out your reco nearer the time.

Iflytoomuch, you are right in that you often arrive after the other PAX, and indeed I have been asked a couple of time if I’m someone “famous”!!! I’m not. Just an ordinary pax flying a lot.

However, what I like about the service is there is no waiting around. No queuing to show boarding passes whilst dragging hand baggage. You avoid the crush on the bus and it comes into its own when its raining and the bus driver wants to get off in a hurry.

Since Swiss keep the middle seat free in C there is usually ample baggage space and if not as soon as the crew see you coming by car, the service level jumps 200% anyway as they take your bags, coat etc and stow it all for you whilst thrusting a glass of something into your hand before you’ve even managed to sit down!

So it’s really not for the appearance of making a grand entrance but another very useful service that makes the ever increasing burden of air travel that bit more comfortable and a good bit less stressful.

Best wishes to you both and happy travels.

iflytoomuch
    Participant

Hi, still doesn’t excuse uncomfortable seats … and like my comment earlier .. I fly to get somewhere , so on-time arrival ( or early) and comfortable seats are far more important in my eyes, guess its like wonderful hotels with lousy uncomfortable beds .. but a great lounge … and free drinks … thanks for the wishes…

MarcusUK
    Participant

SQ do not allow Diamond Club bookings in the new Business class cabins.
    this was covered in many posts & also Alex’s articles on SQ last over the last 12 months.

You may well get a flight into Amsterdam as they still run the 777-200-ER older style cabins, but they wont allow reward seats on the 777-300er or a380’S that fly into LHR.
    Same situation for flights into Sydney from Singapore.

Pity, but been the situation for last 18 months +.
    Best to use the DC miles up before they get amalgamated into miles & More though…

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls