LUFTHANSA – BUSINESS CLASS

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

• EagerTraveler
    Participant

My apologies. I understood from the first post that you were looking at KUL to LHR on SG. Checking starnet for you I could not find anything and then noticed SIN to LHR was on a 380…hence the blocked seats.

Hope your trip is ultimately a good one!

Ciao.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks. I finally flew Thai, but it was a bad experience. The food was not up to standard, The service appalling and worse the seat was broken. What’s gone wrong with Thai? Bye Bye Thai.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Concerning Thai ,they have the BEST ever lounges in the world in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi ,however on board the standards are inconsistent ..you can have a perfect experience once and a dreadful one one other time ….the seating standards are not the same on all the aircraft ..you might be very happy once with the comfort on board and then get a shock the next time …..I believe you ought to choose the flight based on the type of aircraft deployed …also ck the seating on seatplans .com before booking …

Cheers !

Karim

iflytoomuch
    Participant

Whilst not making any excuses at all for the ‘less than expected cabin service’ — like anything else in this world .. if you treat your staff badly .. they unfortunately do not perform as well as they could … even if its not intentional. Thai staff have over the past year had incomes cut dramatically and had to fly longer with less breaks. The ever present ‘Thai Smile’ is often no longer there ,,, as everyone is continually tired… this is no good for them and certainly no good for pax or the company … short term savings often end up with longer term costs .. as we are seeing in the ‘experiences’ of pax. The really sad thing is I am convinced the lowering of cabin standards is not deliberate at all .. just a function of overwork…
    Regards lounges .. as long as its ok … who cares .. I didn’t buy a ticket to sit in the lounge .. I want good airplanes and good service on board … the lounges are really irrelevant in my eyes anyway..

tarisingh
    Participant

I was under the impression that TG always used aircraft with the new style seating for LHR-BKK-SYD . Is this not the case??! Have just booked to go in December.
    Has anyone ever managed to get a J or F class on SQ for BMI reward points?

bmidcfan
    Participant

Hi Karim,

Sorry ,but why worry whether you are going to fly on a particular aircraft or not. Thai changes the aircraft without warning. Best to avoid it. Fly other star alliance carriers if possible. Have flown Thai on four occasions and so far it has been a disaster for me. In September we have Thai on a short flight from Bangkok to Colombo and back in business, but as there is no other choice so I have to use Thai. But on the LHR-BKK-LHR we are going on another star carrier.

bmidcfan
    Participant

On Thai there is no guarantee! Their 777 has a far better layout than the 747. Even with the new seating on the 747, our seats were broken and the service bad, SQ will not allow you seats on the A380 or the 777-300 on the LHR-SIN-SYD. I would try going on Air New Zealand /United. Go through the ANA search engine and find out a routing to SYD using a combination of carriers or visit he star alliance website which will give you all the possible combinations and then call BMI centre and state your routing.

iflytoomuch
    Participant

There have been some pretty ‘average’ experiences with SQ over the past 12 months too .. so I am afraid all the ‘cutbacks’ are affecting most carriers… heard that Air NZ still pretty good though …

KSHaggag
    Participant

My Fellow Flyers !

I do have a suggestion however I am not very sure how it works ..Pretty much indeed ….I have always heard fantastic comments on ANA however I have personally never tried them before ….remains to ck whether a connex LHR/NRT/SYD can be secured ,however this is a lengthier path ….
    Another real star in the Star Alliance is indeed Asiana via Seoul ….anyone ever tried them before ?..they have been scooping top accolades of service excellence ….

Cheers !

Karim

bmidcfan
    Participant

Yes I have heard the same about SQ, but it also depends on the staff. I remember flying SQ some years back on the SIN-MLE-SIn route the service was average and the food really bad. Yet on the LHR-SIN-LHR it was very good. I was booked on the A380 before it flew on LHR-SIN-LHR route ON MY bmi Miles but sadly I was taken ill and could not go and had to cancel the trip to Brisbane. Have been on the SQ A380, but I would say the Quantas product is much better than the SQ business class! a personal preference.

tarisingh
    Participant

I had a very disappointing journey with SQ from SYD last year – was on the 777ER from SIN-LHR – didn’t really care for the huge seat, not very comfortable for sitting – service was nothing like I remembered from years ago – fixed artificial smiles all the way!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Let me share a personal experience on the A380 in business class with Air France from JFK to Paris ….it was ok without being impressive ….AF along with SQ and I don t know about QF,LH and EK ..they are all squeezing in masses of passengers seats in business class as the seat pitch is lower than on other aircraft types …SQ has a 52 inch seat pitch there ,vs 60 and more on 744 s and 777s ……..!!!..however they claim to have the widest seat in the air ….seat pitch is nevertheless important ……….i am not comfortable when I have to bend my legs and knees ….remains to be seen how the KE new A380 coming up will be like ….KE is a brilliant contender however in Skyteam ….I do support it …eagerly !!!

Cheers

Karim

bmidcfan
    Participant

By the way guys
    You can fly Emirates on FIRST CLASS by paying business class fare. Its a free upgrade. The tickets are on sale till 9th August and only available from two agents: Flight centre and Trail finders.
    Just booked an elderly aunt on EK to Christchurch( Dec 09 returning Feb 2011) from LGW. The connection from Dubai to SYD is on the A380

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If you are looking for consistency, good friendly service and reliability, why look further than Swiss. Flights from Bangkok to London, Dublin etc via Zurich. Excellent lounges and the F lounge at Zurich during the transfer is second only to Frankfurt’s F lounge, with toilets, showers, at table dining if wanted or else a buffet.

The seats are the angled / flat ones but fully flat in F.

As a bonus, if flying F, they will take you by car to the aircraft at Zurich if it’s not at a gate, and in either case you bypass the security queues with a reserved security lane especially for their VIP pax.

iflytoomuch
    Participant

If yr considering Swiss… fly first class as the seats on the A340 from ZUR to BKK in J are amongst the most uncomfortable I have experienced… service etc are good …
    Also had the ‘car service ‘ in Zur … took us all of 30m and arrived after the business class PAX… not really a great idea unless one is into appearances and making a ‘grand’ entrance onto the aircraft…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls