LUFTHANSA – BUSINESS CLASS

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

• Hess963
    Participant

Well, I think we have different tastes here–but that is absolutely normal !! I just don’t understand how could LH with it’s lie flat angled seat attract so many fanciers ? Food I would say is the same as BA CW, F/A service attitude same good as well. Entertainment system same good here too. So if it comes to the deciding inch of who is better in C class BA or LH, is not full flat more better ??–I definitely prefer BA because of this fact. Especially when you weigh the lounge experience to the toll–BA lounge terraces in LHR are far more better than the existing lounges in FRA.

Would anyone oppose ?? Why ??

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Hess.

Yes, I’d definitely agree with you about the superiority of the Terraces in T5 (which I would suggest is one of the best lounges in Europe). Apart from that, as you say, it’s a matter of taste. You may recall, I wrote in an earlier post asking whether LH was lie-flat or not – that shows how much I know!!

Cheers, Simon

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

Hi Simon–well you know I am actually bias regarding lie flat angled or full flat seat as I could not rest in lie flat angled seats–I have flown with great airlines like TG or MH with fantastic services and all–but the one thing which mess my flight up is the seat. I just cannot get a proper sleep on it! So actually I envy you and others here in the forum who can manage that, inspite of all the pushing and manoeuvring on the control panel. Last time on LH I tried for a long time to get my seat nearly flat–my neighbour sitting next to me was giving me some eyes and wondering what kind of strange movements I was doing–after so many flights on different airlines I just became indifferent to such eyes comments as I wanted to sleep or more drowse actually.

You’ll going to laugh about this !! I flew RJ C class with their A340.The seat is a full flat seat like in the other F class products. Really spacious. When I recline my seat full flat–I had the weirdest feeling–I mean I’ve got the feeling to slide backwards or my head and my torso were lower than my lower body part. So I meant to angle my seat( the head part ) a bit to stop that weird feeling. I later asked the purser, if that has been commented by other pax. She said yes and she knew the experience. She told me the front part of the plane goes up in certain degrees during the flight–so when I recline my seat full flat–I get the feeling of sliding backwards or my upper body is lower than the rest. I don’t know, if this is true ?? Perhaps some other users have might had the experience and know the answer for it ??

Regarding LH C is a good product–as I like to fly with BA and LH(we won’t exaggerate here!) it is just like ” love and hate” at the same time in certain flights. I just want these two which I prefer to fly with to improve their products .

Senator
    Participant

Dear Hess963,

I believe we had the discussion earlier about “flat” versus “angled” seats. When LH introduced the current seat, the discussion around angled seat was defended by the fact that an aircraft like a A340 will fly with 8 degree angle up. Meaning, the nose of the aircraft is point 8 degrees up in flight. Hence, many of the “angled” seats have an 8 degree angle to match the airplane. So, the feeling of sliding backwards could be real.

Now, why this is not an issue on BA CW or UA’s new product I don’t know,

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

HI Senator !! Thank you for the notion of my weird experience with the A340. I think that might be the answer to your question as well. I personally did not have such experience with BA CW in both B747 or B777. Even though my seat is full flat–no back sliding or whatever. I think this phenomenon is basically in the A340/330 ??? About UA–I don’t know–I did not encounter that situation while flying in their new C class–but here as well more Boeings than Airbuses on longhaul.

Senator
    Participant

Hi,

My understanding is that all aircrafts fly with 8 degree angle. In the case of LH they have 747 and A330/340 with this installed. AF has 747, 777 and A330/340 so I don’t believe it comes down to aircraft.

The logic I can’t grasp yet is how does this work on carriers with true flat seats like BA, VS, NZ… If aircrafts are flying with an 8 degree angle, shouldn’t passangers feel like sliding down if we follow the “angled” seat marketing logic of why 8 degrees?

Hess963
    Participant

Hi Senator !!

From my personal experiences with BA, VS and NZ and JL in F –all full flat seats–no sliding experience at all with or without the 8 degrees in front of the B747 nose.

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi all,

My wife and I are flying MCO-FRA with Lufthansa Business Class in early November. Does anyone know if there’s an arrivals lounge in FRA for long haul business pax.

Thanks a million.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Dear PJordan

I am not sure whether there is a business class arrivals lounge in FRA, but I would be very interested to hear what you think if the LH service from MCO and whether you are using it back to the UK instead of VS or BA.

Many thanks

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi PJordan,
    Yes there is an arrivals lounge at FRA. It’s newly opened and I used it last week. It’s a bit stark, but very comfortable with very clean facilities, showers, plenty of flat screen tv’s and an excellent self service buffet with hot and cold food, including bacon, sausages, eggs and almost every beverage you can think of including German Sekt (I think it’s called that?).

After baggage reclaim and having gone through customs turn immediately right and you’ll see it signposted. They have facilities to store your baggage as well. We had six bags and they did not hesitate to take care of them.

Enjoy it and have a good trip.

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi Martyn & Lugano.

Thanks for your very prompt responses. I am actually going on to Dublin, I used some of my Diamond Club points to fly back home from MCO. Incidentally only a couple of days ago Aer Lingus began to offer business class from MCO to DUB, and at amazingly low fares. I’ll let you all know what the service is like, but it will be early November.

Thanks Lugano for your info, the breakfast sounds good. We won’t have luggage to worry about, but the shower and change of clothes will be most welcome.

Thanks again folks, and if anybody tries Aer Lingus Business Class on the DUB-MCO route, now is the time to book… the fares are amazingly low.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I did not realise you were transiting. In this case you will enter into Schengen somewhere in the bowels of the airport. You can then use the business lounges (or the Senator one, much nicer, if you have the gold card/senator status) in the transit area. They have showers but I must admit if you have the time, the land side lounge as I described is much nicer.

If you have an iPhone/Pad Lufthansa have a useful navigator app. It has all the lounges marked on it and how to get to them.

PatJordan
    Participant

Thanks for that, Lugano, I have Gold Star Alliance status which will be useful.

EagerTraveler
    Participant

Hi…SQ does not open up seats in J or F on 380’s unless they are last minute. I cannot recommend LH F class enough (if you have the points). I will fly J class with them in a couple of weeks and can update you if you want.

Cheers!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Kthompson !

But SQ s A380 does not ply yet any transatlantic route ….the JFK/FRA is operated by 744 and the Houston /Moscow by B777-300ER …so,no way to fly it on the way from MCO to Europe …

In my opinion ,LH J cl in the air and on the ground is indeed average ..it is okkkeyyy ….their lounges even the Senator ones are not inspiring ..they still need to do it right for business class ,,,,THeir F lounges are outstanding but in J it is very very average ,not up to one s expectations …however i have not tried their arrivals lounge in FRA ….I hope u like it ..pls brief us once u have sampled it ..

Cheers !

Karim

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls