LUFTHANSA – BUSINESS CLASS

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

• Anonymous

bmidcfan
    Participant

I have been trying to book with BMi -diamond club for business class seats from KUL to LHR on Singapore airlines but all I am getting is Lufthansa. Has any one flown this route? Are the seats lie flat bed? or the nasty similar style KLM seats- at an angle that you keeping down to the flooor and have an uncomfortable sleep all the way?

wisi1965
    Participant

Hi, the biz class of LH does not have lie flat seats but is comfortable. service of LH is good but not as good as SQ. One more fact to consider, LH flies via BKK to FRA.

Rgds

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks. but I think I am opting for Thai for the lie flat seats and the space. Itsonly 6 abreast in the cabin on the 340/777.

iflytoomuch
    Participant

Hi, Hate to deflate yr expectations, however as an annual triple gold THAI FF, I think you may be disappointed with the Thai offering. In business class they are certainly NOT layflat. They are the 170deg ones. LayFlat is only available in First on Thai. Also think the flight from KL to BKK will most likely be an old plane… however the cabin crew and service are still “second to none” and the “Smooth as Silk” motto is still very true ( and yes I am a little biased – sorry). Comes from experiencing too much bad service from other carriers.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks for that. As long as the service is great and its a daylight flight , so I won’t necessary want to go to sleep, just 40 winks! Thanks anyhow! I see its the 340 600 on most days now and the 747 is rarely at heathrow, but I gather even the 747 seats have been altered?

wisi1965
    Participant

On my last flight to LHR, TG used an old 747 but new biz class. I recommend the upper deck because TG has a strange configuration on his lower deck.

bmidcfan
    Participant

Thanks for that.

iflytoomuch
    Participant

Hi, yes all the aircraft flying b/n LHR and BKK have been upgraded to the new seating and Entertainment systems. Interesting comment abt sitting upstairs on the 747… I actually prefer downstairs although its a smaller area… ( behind first class) it is cosy and generally I find better service.. but the fact that we all prefer different things makes the world a wonderful place,, enjoy yr flight and the cabin service

bmidcfan
    Participant

Yes I too prefer downstairs. I guess we are all different. I find upstairs before the exit very noisy.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi there ,dear Business Class Comfort Seekers !

Actually ,one good option of an outstanding business class on board is Qatar Airways via Doha …the comfort ,the ambience ,the attentive service ,great food and superb premium terminal facilities in Doha all shape up the image of a caring airline …!..you stand to collect miles in the LH Miles and More ( not sure about Bmi scheme ) ,but just award miles ,not status ones ………

I still endorse the statement that TG crew and Smooth as Silk motto is a FANTASTIC REALITY ….!!!…TG lounge in BKK is an awesome shelter !!!

bmidcfan
    Participant

Dear KSHaggag,

Yes you can collect miles of Diamond Club. I just did a trip on Qatar in March 09 and yes it was good and better than Etihad in Feb 09.

Hess963
    Participant

The C product is not bad but not overall great either. It is just good.
    You expect a lie flat angled seat which most of the users here say it is pretty good once you have find the right angled ( after an hour or so ) I personally expect full flat and hope in the new A380 or B747 new gen which are ordered that LH will see this as an oppurtunity to improve its product.

Regarding service attitude: It depends on the mood of the F/A some are very chatty and outmost attentive, while others could be cold and unhelpful. If you speak German–you might get a bit of advantage to other pax. Sometimes there are Asian based crew on board and it gets really hospitable like SQ and TG. But the overall picture is that the crew’s attitude has improved since the times where we describe them as efficient robots like the efficient German cars.
    About the food quality: it really improves since the days where the quality was inedible and fruit pieces are from the conserved cans. The often offered seasonal tasting of wines and meals are very nice alternations from the routine meals.

samidxb
    Participant

My good memories with LH Business class were only related to the days when in flight internet was available and i thoroughly enjoyed using it. I wish it starts soon .
    Aside from that, nothing to laud their service which is in one short word- just efficient – but lacks anything warm or special. The lesser said of their in flight meals and the lounges in their airports, the better. Just like the in flight magazine which reminds me of a manual of the Mercedes Benz car.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi all,

I flew LH to Delhi last year and it was probably the only occasion when I got a completely undisturbed night’s sleep (once I’d stopped playing with the seat controls). I thought their Business Class product overall was excellent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls