Is the “new” BA First that good?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 188 total)

• AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

BAA has built termial 5C to cope with the A380’s I believe. Whilst I am sure it could happen, I doubt they would bus so many pasengers.

Every airport I have been to to board the A380 has had dual airbridges to connect the upper and lower decks – altough I am sure there are probably airports which still connect on one level.

highcadence
    Participant

Agree with Binman62. NF is an update from OF, not a new product. Nothing wrong with that, but needs to be positioned that way from BA. I find upper deck on 747 has good-sized cabin, room to move/store kit and equal service to F, but with a much smaller price tag.

VintageKrug
    Participant

British Airways new FIRST is a completely new product; an evolution in style, but with no common parts to the old seat. It represents a £100 million investment.

The very fact it had to be recertified by the CAA proves the fact that it is not the same as the old seat.

The seat/bed moves, and is operated, in a completely different way.

In addition, here is the patent office submission ref PCT/GB2007/001796:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=0b3ae36427348649&id=B3AE36427348649%21138

The Binman needs to click on the link and stop labouring under the misunderstanding that it is a re-hashed old seat.

It is completely and totally brand new.

http://www.ba.com/first

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Vintage Krug its no use trying to convince them. Like i said i think its fab and lush!!! Ok its not as big as other airlines..but who really cares i have never seen some one struggle for space and its clearly good enough for the Royal family… i dont see them flying on any of the east/asia airlines?? 😉 xxx

Binman… i think you secretly do really love NF.. dont you ?!?!?! you need to be patient it be everywhere before you know it :o) xxxxxxx

Milions of Miles, you miss understood what i said. BA have all types of seeting on one floor but lufty on a 747 have just stuck first upstairs and no bridge or lift on board for people who have disabilitees if they wanted to fly first. xx

dutchyankee
    Participant

BeckyBoop, NF may be ‘Fab and Lush’ to you, but there is no way it is a ‘completely new product’ as VK a.k.a; BA PR man, likes to put it. Furthermore, applying for a patent does not prove it is 100% new, Apple applies for patents with every minor tweak they make to any product, or is VK therefore saying the IPhone 4S is a completely new product simply because it has a new patent? Finally, ‘clearly good enough for the Royal family,’ well of course it is. When was that last time Queenie, Duke and Prince paid to fly?? Can you just imagine the Royals flying on Singapore Airlines paid for with your tax money. Hardly likely.

Your comment re: Lufthansa is a valid one, however. There is a galley cart lift between decks on the 747, but what I have seen done on other carriers, is due to the straight staircase, those with mobility difficulties are carried up and down the stairs as there is no chair lift between decks. The other problem, on Lufthansa, is there is no accessible toilet on the upper deck, so such a passenger would need further assistance there too. I am not aware of the situation on the A380, but at least on that craft you board on both decks.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dutchyankee VK doesnt work for BA. I would have no biggie if the royal family fly Singapore airlines if it worked out cheaper but i doubt they every will as there website is naff and doesnt work so they would never get a booking. 😉 xx

dutchyankee
    Participant

BeckyBoop, wouldn’t you just love to see Her Majesty and her corgies stepping off of Easy Jet!!! it would make a great picture, and talk about embracing austerity!!! 😉

PatJordan
    Participant

Or even better, dutchyankee, if Her Majesty and corgies stepped off Ryanair…….

that would be taking austerity to unheard of levels !!!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Dutchyankee and Pat got no prob with her flying either. I have flown both before on my hols and have never had a problem. 😉 xx

dutchyankee
    Participant

BeckyBoop, good for you! I have never flown either, would be willing to give EZ a try, but would absolutely never set foot on Ryanair!

PatJordan
    Participant

I wonder how much Mick O’Leary would charge the corgies ???

rferguson
    Participant

I like it but I think it is a bit cramped. I think a reduction of seats from 14 to 12 would have been better.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@PJordan, Hilarious! Made my day!
    @rferguson, I think you are right, but as VK said, this would reduce the opportunities for redemption and would undoubtedly raise fares in F even more.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I do think you get better long term value on ba and given the choice i would prefer to fly ba.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/value-calculator/public/en_gb?link=main_nav&gsLink=searchResults

I just wish they would fly to more destinations. You should use the low fare finder you can get get rates through here and if you are a pre IAG share holder you can get an extra 10% off and even on sale flights.. i think perhaps Vintagekrug can confirm? 😉

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_gb

xx

Binman62
    Participant

Hate to burst the bubble folks but new First, Old First or any kind of First on BA never has been good enough for HM Queen. When she travels the entire cabin is removed and refitted with proper beds and sitting area. Even Concorde was altered albeit not to the same extent…..good on her

As for NF, I should not have to enter the world of “patent pending” to understand that something is new or not. The layout of NF is identical to OF and the seat looks the same. The club product was a clear change and so could reasonably be called New Club World. I think the adage “if it looks like a duck and quakes like a duck then it is a duck” fits perfectly here.

£100 million may have been spent but I suspect rather more of that on hyperbole and marketing, and I speak as a consumer of the product who pays with his own money. It is very nice when you get it but I am of the view that such marketing hype should be prohibited where the chances of receiving the product do not exceed 75%.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 188 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls