“I’m ready to fly – are you ready to serve?”

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 201 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Hole 2) Welcome to BA today: A scrambled par…..just….Standing in the priority drop Q, ! person in front…

The young lass from the Y Drop , summons me with a wave of the hand….in front of a very bemused and irritated gentleman who had already started to walk up to the desk…

a friend I know was working….” No ” and then oddly asking if I wanted my bag checked all the way to YVR or just LHR…Oh and theres a seat change !! No real enagement and actually compounded her lack of engagement by reffering to me as “Sir” A real pet hate of mine.

Rescued by the ex BMI woman who manned the BD lounge, on seeing me came over ,addressed me by name and had a chat about where I was away too…offerd her best wishes, enquired about how I was finding BA etc…..So the ex BMI person saves the day…

Hole 3) The EDI lounge….Yeahhh… it’s another birdie for BA …BA now 2 ahead .. Nice welcome and a joke about my inability to cope with technology and also acknowledgement that the BA Wifi access code would be easy to remember…..Met a work colleague, Hence the reason for the delay in updates Had a coffee, sparkling water and grapefruit!!

Good selection of grub, even if its not quite as nice as the old BD lounge at EDI…

Off to enjoy some Galleries hospitality…flight down to follow!!

ImissConcorde
    Participant

So someone in the service industry address you as “Sir” and you object. Don’t think we can expect any objectivity after that!!

canucklad
    Participant

Hole 4) The flight down….

And before we start, thank You DOS you reminded as to why the flight starts with a shank into the heavy rough!! unfortunately Becky my 75,000 points and £500 wallet lighter option was the 10.35 or travelling to LCY or LGw and then transferring at my own expense!
    The Complimentary Chardonnay ,soon to be followed by a cheeky G& T seemed the more reasonable option! ..

Back to the flight….Nice warm welcome on-board and took my bulkhead seat in row 10……Probably a preview of things to come across the pond as this was a 767 and I’m assuming a WTP+ seat…

As an aside—-It looks a tired old beast !!

Flight delayed because of high winds at LHR, we were kept updated so all good….took off about 20 minutes late, so not drastic..

One trip off the trolley, requested a glass of sparkling water, unfortunately she didn’t have any to hand…..I suggested I would be happy with another choice but she cheerfully insisted on finding some from another trolley….

With a smile and a cheeky ” To fly, to serve ” comment i was presented with my water…excellent….BA Crew posters i smell a rat!! LOL

Disappointingly they only did one walk through so, despite the efforts of the cheery cabin crew , only a par !! No worse, no better than the old BD

Hole 5) Ease of transfer…..will putt out later as full transfer not finished yet…

Hole 6) T5 Galleries lounge……Almost an albatross !! Definately an Eagle…BA Soars into the lead !!

Starting with the free PC access, where I am currently typing this update…almost on que an AC flys off in front of me…

Actually starting with the bloke at reception who kindly printed me off a boarding pass, due to the Free BA Wifi message blocking my attempt to retrieve my Boarding Pass !!

Becky a pleasant enviroment in which to while away the waiting hours….Time for my first G&T me thinks..!!

The big test is just 2 hours away….head to head with AC in the air, even BA can’t blow a 4 point lead!!

canucklad
    Participant

ImissConcorde…..

Don’t mind if they dont know my name…….no excuse as a valued customer if they do know my name….

Sir/Madame are impersonal and is frankly a lazy way of engaging with people, unless of course you sit in the house ofv Lords or indeed run a brothel in Hamburg!!

As i’ve mentioned before , small attention to detail goes along way to increasing perception of enhanced personalised service….

As an example ..On Saterday I was in Lithgow High Street , I purchased a bottle of Vodka, recommended by the young lass behind the small privately run booze shop.. £6 cheaper than Tesco she announced and yet a premium vodka…..

Paying more than I had expected to. I used by Debit Card, She delibrately took it off me so that she could help me insert it…

She also must have read my name as she addresseed me by my name and thanked me for my custom into the bargain..and as a wee erxtra touch noticed my seson ticket , also in my wallet and wished my team luck in the semi-final…..A bit of effort!!

And ImissConcorde, Who will lose out to my custom…..Tesco, although they are generally cheaper…rather see my money go were its appreciatted!!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

canuklad dont get you hopes up to high. FYI the BA 767 only run short haul and will very different seats to the 747’s and other long haul metal. Yes the lounges are pretty fly! but not the same as regular WTP pax would get access to, so think yourself lucky.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Becky….I was assuming it was a long haul 767 as there was Club world seats upfront ?

I’m hoping youre wrong Becky..but i will soon see…less than an hour to go….finish this G & T and wander down to B

BeckyBoop
    Participant

You sure you came in from EDI and they had LH CW seats?

canucklad
    Participant

Big Blue seats that you could sleep in…yep!!

NTarrant
    Participant

Boarding my BA flight this morning I was greeted with Good Morning Mr Tarrant and after inspection of the boarding pass a thank you sir. I like to be refered to by name, but sometimes it is better they call you sir or madam if they may not be able to pronounce your name correctly.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I suppose you got lucky.. well done! you will probably have the same old seats on a very tired and battered 747.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

DontTurnRight
    Participant

There are indeed two Boeing 767-300s currently flying the LHR – Scotland routes. Good luck on the Vancouver route too, my recent trip was on two ancient 747-400s, with old first class both ways. Good news for WTP passengers, is that WTP is sitting between 1st class and Business near the front of the plane, so you can get off quickly and even raid the “Club Kitchen” when no-one is looking. Not so good if you are flying in Club World!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Don’t you dare raid the club kitchen!!! that is for Club world only. Taking food from their makes you nothing more than a petty theif! No wonder there is nothing left if its people like you taking stuff.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Becky – have never travelled WTP or Economy on BA long haul for some 30 plus years, so no thieving done on my part. That said, I have witnessed the practice as recently as a couple of weeks ago and it did not appear to be policed!

canucklad
    Participant

Booooo BT gang . Why didn’t someone let me know there is a B lounge as well!

Been sitting in the busy main lounge!

Time for 1 more quick G&T and thanks Becky for putting ides into my head ! Lol

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 201 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls