“I’m ready to fly – are you ready to serve?”

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 201 total)

• Anonymous

canucklad
    Participant

As I mentioned , I didn’t want to hijack ” the 3 levels of serv ice” thread…

Regular posters will have picked up on the fact that I have boycotted BA (long haul) after a pretty awful experiane to OZ and then worsening on the return journey.

However , due to my BD points becoming Avios . BA has a chance for redemtion on my flight home to YVR on Tuesday.

I will keep you all updated on my hope that I can become a fan of BA againTo keep it fun I will base my review on a round of golf.

BA v AC. If the BA experiance is better than BD/AC then Birdies, Eagles and Albatrosses will fly onto their score card. If not bogeys will blot it !!

As I also mentioned , I’m starting with low expectations. So to give them a fighting chance of victory I will give them a handicap of 4!

#Hole 1. Ease of check-in @ EDI
    #Hole 2. CSR engagement
    #Hole 3. EDI lounge experiance
    #Hole 4. EDI to LHR flight
    #Hole 5. Ease of transfer
    #Hole 6. T5 Galleries experiance
    #Hole 7. BA85 Welcome
    #Hole 8. BA85 Crew engagement
    #Hole 9. BA85 Food and drink.
    #Hole 10. Arriving @ YVR
    #Hole 11. Check-in @ YVR
    #Hole 12. Lounge experiance @ YVR
    #Hole 13. BA84 Boarding & Welcome
    #Hole 14. BA84 Food and drink
    #Hole 15. BA Crew Engagement
    #Hole 16. Arrival and ease of transfer@LHR
    #Hole 17. LHR to EDI flight
    #Hole 18. The whole shabang.

I’m up for suggestions. If any of you have any ideas on tweaking my 18 holes. Roll on Tuesday.

No suggestions, but I like it. All sounds reasonable, and nicely balanced. I look forward to reading the results. For clarification: we’re talking about BA J and not F – is that correct?

Good luck, and happy/safe travels. I hope they deliver for you.

Best wishes.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

He is going WTP and has been warned about the problems so the only person to blame is himself if anything goes wrong.

lloydah
    Participant

OOOh BB you sound like my mother when I got my first second hand motorbike.

NTarrant
    Participant

Is that a bit like “when you fall off that wall and break both your legs don’t come running to me”? 🙂

I see. Thanks, BB. Perhaps I’m missing some important background. Either way, I look forward to the trip report. It’s true that AC is hard to beat in both Y and J on trans-Atlantic flights to/from Canada.

lloydah
    Participant

Could be NTarrant, but as long as the crew don’t tell him he’s free to leave if he doesn’t like it his legs should be ok. 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Not quite, as I don’t see how you can run to someone if you break both your legs. Don’t worry I know what you mean. I admit the suspense on the outcome is killing me. Lol

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

”He is going WTP and has been warned about the problems so the only person to blame is himself if anything goes wrong.”

Strange attitude Becky, Canucklad is taking a BA flight that is no different to any other, according to their advertising.

How can he be to blame for this?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

His choice.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Looking forward to the review.

I took the inaugural Virgin Atlantic flight from Toronto to London in May 2001. Upper Class, but the old lie-flat (angled) seat. Still comfortable. Was so impressed with the service that I was seriously considering flying Virgin for all YYZ-LHR flights. Sadly, after the tragic events of September of that year, and the subsequent drop in demand, it was not long before the service was cancelled. Perhaps they will return to YYZ one day, or YVR – in which case canucklad would have a third option. Time will tell.

flier74
    Participant

Well Virgin Atlantic “launched” a flight to YVR a while ago, but it seems it didnt last that long though. After their full on launch party they seemed to have forgotten to tell people it is a “Summer only” service

I was not aware of that. Do you know for how many seasons it operated?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 201 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls