“I’m ready to fly – are you ready to serve?”

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 201 total)

• LeTigre
    Participant

Not quite.

Virgin Atlantic will be returning to Vancouver for this summer season after a strong performance least year. Personally, I was hoping for winter as well, cause I’m really dying to go snowboarding there!

If I recall rightly the flights will be four a week, so hopefully will fit schedules well.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ BeckyBoop – 27/01/2013 15:41 GMT

“He is going WTP and has been warned about the problems so the only person to blame is himself if anything goes wrong”.

Becky: this is odd. You have stated that you’ve seldom flown BA in recent years, that you’ve not flown WT+ and that the bulk of your own recreational flying is in EZY or Flyanscare but you then offer a comment about a product and service that you’ve not experienced and appear to know little about….

As I have said previously, WT+ is a considerably more affordable alternative to cattle-class at the rear if you’re paying for yourself and you’re not up to CW or F. This is the case for those of us who are not fortunate enough to be members of the directocracy and economic uberclass. Assuming that Canucklad has an open mind – and I’ve every reason to believe that he has on the basis of what he’s experienced and written about elsewhere – then he ought to have an entirely agreeable experience en route to/from YVR.

Canucklad: are you just out to see your ma or are you also going to take in a side trip to Whistler or somewhere else in the Canuck Rockies? I remember your comment about the view out of your ma’s kitchen window… Either way: enjoy!

canucklad

You are quite right to have low expectations, especially if the cabin is full. Anyway, it’s much better to travel not expecting very much and being pleasantly surprised if you have a good flight.

I’m looking forward to your verdict. All that golf business – whoosh over my head!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Anthony you misunderstand.. I rarely fly in First (I can only get that if I am travelling with an executive or if they are feeling generous – usually once a year) I have never flown long haul in Y or below on BA but have done on many occasions in and around europe on business (not in CE). In reference to canualads trip, I am going on my experience of flying on that route (in club), fellow peers experience of flying WTP and WT with BA and my knowledge of canuklad 😉 Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Having flown a few times in WTP, I would suggest that you book a bulk head seat if at all possible, this can be booked immediately if you are gold and a little in advance for others. The hard product is the hard product but your experience will be enhanced or ruined by the crew and or the other travellers surrounding you ! I do feel this impacts you more than in Club or first due to the space issue. I have had mixed experiences.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

canuklad well i guess its finally Judgement Day!!! you sure you still want to do this?..lol 🙂

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 29/01/2013 08:21 GMT

Becky: you are making a WTP flight sound as if it is an ordeal by fire. I really don’t think so!

openfly
    Participant

Not worried about the flight safety element then? More concerned with all the superficial incidentals? Do you read the paper during the safety briefing? Interesting list of priorities!

canucklad
    Participant

Well folks , here goes…

Hole 1). A birdie (-1). . BA starts off ahead. Checked in via my Blackberry and 1 piece of hold luggage dropped off within 5 minutes. Happy days. Even happier days through security in less than 2 minutes. What a fantatic extravance for those people who were paying for fast track.

Flight being called. More to follow from T5

BeckyBoop
    Participant

canuklad, what are you doing there so early that flight doesnt leave till about 5pm? I guess you only want to learn the hard way… just dont listen do you!!!

NTarrant
    Participant

Becky – The guy is starting his journey in EDI

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Upto 17 flights daily, should of got the 13:10 gets in at 14:35 or even 14:05 arrives 15:30

edited

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

He’s booked a reward flight and these are often limited to designated flights, rarely at the most convenient times.

Becky, you really need to chill a bit, your posts are quite aggressive at the moment.

Safe journey, canucklad. And welcome home!

canucklad
    Participant

Hole 2) Welcome to BA today: A scrambled par…..just….Standing in the priority drop Q, ! person in front…

The young lass from the Y Drop , summons me with a wave of the hand….in front of a very bemused and irritated gentleman who had already started to walk up to the desk…

Asked if a friend I know was working….” No ” and then oddly asking if I wanted my bag checked all the way to YVR or just LHR…Oh and theres a seat change !! No real enagement and actually compounded her lack of engagement by reffering to me as “Sir” A real pet hate of mine.

Rescued by the ex BMI woman who manned the BD lounge, on seeing me came over ,addressed me by name and had a chat about where I was away too…offerd her best wishes, enquired about how I was finding BA etc…..So the ex BMI person saves the day…

Hole 3) The EDI lounge….Yeahhh… it’s another birdie for BA …BA now 2 ahead .. Nice welcome and a joke about my inability to cope with technology and also acknowledgement that the BA Wifi access code would be easy to remember…..Met a work colleague, had a coffee, sparkling water and grapefruit!! Good selection of grub, even if its not quite as nice as the old BD lounge at EDI…

Off to enjoy some Galleries hospitality…flight down to follow!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 201 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls