Head in the Sand or Wise Thailand Lockdown?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010181][/postquote]

Terry as always … Open mouth, speak nonsense, realise it is nonsense, say nothing, then make another statement ….. Welcome to Thai Government Statements

4 users thanked author for this post.

Polly
    Participant

Thanks for your very timely update. On the phone to QR today re routing our nov flts from KUl to HKT. Obvs, can’t go into Malaysia at all, but if Thailand changed their visa Covid rules, we could risk going to HKT for a month. Just wondered if we would be allowed to chose our own hotel with a balcony room to quarantine in tho? Lots to find out, but nowhere to find answers….

thebigseats
    Participant

There are only 2 approved quarantine hotels here in Phuket. Many many more have applied though….

1 user thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010517][/postquote]

BigSeats are you here in Phuket?? Let me know we are in Pasak in Cherngtalay ….

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010497][/postquote]

Polly, as I stated a good friend of mine needed 30 odd pieces of papers notarised to get into Phuekt via BKK if that is your idea of fun fill your boots, Phuket is dead needs to business but as stated only two hotels covered at present for quarantine all quarantine is being done in BKK!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=1010225]Terry as always … Open mouth, speak nonsense, realise it is nonsense, say nothing, then make another statement ….. Welcome to Thai Government Statements[/quote]

Not just the Thai government at the moment, frankly!!

cwoodward
    Participant

Terry:
    My 2nd para was re HKG not Thailand

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

FIO..People Returning to Thailand from foreign countries must Stay for 14 days at Alternative State Quarantine(ASQ)hotel at their own expense.For those who are on a Budget,we have Listed the Cheapest Thailand ASQ hotels that are offering Quarantine Packages for under 40K.THB.(with thanks.Thai-est)… https://thaiest.com/blog/cheapest-thailand-asq-hotels?fbclid=IwAR309cvxJXkorKPENBVGvQ1OGIE1uAlxz4KjUxHOJlBIIx3BHsVRpuZXfaA

Polly
    Participant

Hi K1ngston
    Just checking where in Phuket you are atm. We usually head to Panwa village area, quiet at the best of times. And due to fly Nov 3rd from here. If decisions by gov are only being made Oct 31st, not much time to change plans…but just wondering if you know anything about the current situation in and around the Panwa area.
    Good luck with your plans also.

Polly
    Participant

Ok thanks for that. Our flight is direct with QR to HKT, so avoiding BKK. Fortunately. Do you know which 2 hotels they are using for Q in HKT atm then? Sorry, so many questions but having to decide to go or not. Obs would prefer a balcony room, even if not allowed to swim etc.

Polly
    Participant

BigSeats
    What are the 2 hotels being used then for Q? Thanks, Polly

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

2 x 5 Star…Trisara and Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas.Also 12 others being considered.

thebigseats
    Participant

Hi, yes we are in Cherngtalay too! Laguna…..LOL..

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010693][/postquote]
    Nooo!! Literally just down the road Pasak 8 that’s hilarious! Just rode my bike through Laguna about 1 hour ago! We should meet for a dram??

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010587][/postquote]
    Polly I would study carefully I am not sure whether HKT will open to foreign aircraft this calendar year albeit with the Thai Government that could possibly have changed as I typed it! My understanding and Terry may know better you will have to land through BKK (don’t quote me) as for where you normally stay, everything is quite there is little signs of the vibrant Phuket you may know, if it’s quite you like then perfect but whether anything will still be open when you get here is another story! Good luck with whatever you decide to do and will absolutely help if I can. As for where we stay we live near Laguna which is the North of the Island and 10 mins from the airport as when life was normal I was travelling every week!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls