Head in the Sand or Wise Thailand Lockdown?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)

• thebigseats
    Participant

From the local press…

“A recent surge of 27 applications saw the number of hotels in Phuket applying to be ALSQ certified jump from 55 to 82, explained PPHO Chief Thanit Sermkaew.
    However, despite 14 hotels applying more than a month ago, only two have been approved: the Anantara Mai Khao Phuket (100 rooms and 36 villas) and Trisara Phuket Villas and Residences (15 villas).”

1 user thanked author for this post.

Polly
    Participant

Hi K,

Thanks for the heads up, and detailed reply.. qr insist they are landing directly in hkt. However, control wise they may have to land via bkk, which is a real pain. Luckily we can just accept a voucher to use in 21 if we like, so that may be the better plan. We are missing our taste of Asia very much tho. Usually spend nov and feb over there between the islands. Yes, we do like quiet, and where you are is equally nice too l believe. We have never stayed up there tho.
    Stay safe and well. p

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010698][/postquote]
    Travel safe wherever you go and thank you for your kind words …. and you here actually we have little signs of COVID which is why the Government is conflicted … borders shut no COVID borders shut no tourists …..

BPP
    Participant

Have just resceduled my holiday trip to Bangkok from late November this year to mid March next year in the hope that the situation in Thailand will have resolved itself. My gut feeling however is that it will be some considerable time before The situation is back to pre-Covid.
    The draconian quarantine restrictions have kept the Thai infection and death rates very low which is fine on the face of it. However because it prevents any possible herd immunity developing, if or when, the virus does take hold it will run wild.
    A successful vaccine will certainly help but this is a many months away if at all. I suspect that my visit in March is wishfull thinking.
    BPP

2 users thanked author for this post.

thebigseats
    Participant

deleted.

thebigseats
    Participant

Yep too funny, we are very close, LOL, Laguna Village. Yep that dram sounds good!…how do we communicate off-line?

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010716][/postquote]
    Does Martyn have your details? If so he will give you my email address and let’s go from there I can’t think of another way to do so? @martyn do you have the details ??

thebigseats
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010751][/postquote]

Aah yes, I am sure he does, although actually I believe I have your e-mail from the Bangkok Dinner….s********@**.com?…..I’ll drop you a line.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010772][/postquote]

Yes thats right, send me an email and lets get a meet on, I look forward to it … K

K1ngston
    Participant

@thebigseats lovely to catch up last night and get the chance to discuss the crisis here in Phuket and of course which bottle of red was best with dinner….. Look forward to doing so again real soon

3 users thanked author for this post.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Good French wine,Dutch Cheese and conversation..makes the world seem a nicer place.Some new ones in Makro and Wine Connection….Re conversation good the hear…Thailand and Singapore Added to travel Corridor exempt list for England starts tomorrow…..hope thats all of UK.
    From 4am Saturday 19 September 2020,people arriving in England from Thailand and Singapore will Not need to Self-isolate for 2 weeks….small mercies…. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thailand-and-singapore-added-to-travel-corridor-exempt-list-for-england#:~:text=News%20story-,Thailand%20and%20Singapore%20added%20to%20travel%20corridor%20exempt%20list%20for,self%2Disolate%20for%202%20weeks.

Polly
    Participant

Lucky you two.. wish we were there!. So glad you could meet up and put the world to order over nice vino….

Was checking out the HKT Anantara re Q. Seems like you can use facilities like pool etc if you have a negative test at day 5. Seems reasonable enough. Pricey tho, but after 15 nights off to a regular long stay place in Panwa village.. big problem is that foreign airlines must land in BKK atm, w private jet to HKT, just a nonsense! so that scuppers our plans for now. Unless they open international corridor flights. But at least the Thai gov are seeing the light. Fingers crossed that QR get to land in HKT at some point soon.

BPP
    Participant

I note from the Bangkok Post web site on Wednsday that entry IN TO Thailand is still subject to 14 day quarantine and that this is now to continue for some considerable time, November 2021 was mentioned. It also seems that short stay visitors are a not wanted at all! If this the case, the tourist industry and the Thai economy will be devastated.

Polly
    Participant

BPP

It’s a huge money spinner, look what they are charging for Q. Also only choosing 5 star plus hotels, so they will get the money in. And now Sri Panwa making it to the list. Expensive at the best of times. Making it clear they only want small numbers of high end spenders gracing their country and islands atm. And probably 30 days minimum at that. Small output but big income, and hospitals won’t be over run as smaller no of tourists allowed in.
    Ruins their tourism industry. Very sad for all the staff we know down through the years, many of these people we know for 20 years. Feels like coming home every time we step out of that cab. Such nice and welcoming people. Our main hotel only has 40 Thai nationals staying. Decimated.
    Plus their Positive covid numbers are probably low as not bothering testing widely.

BPP

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

New Special Tourist Visa (STV)for Thailand Latest information…A long stay tourist visa has been Approved by the Thai Cabinet for people wanting to return…Not in the Royal Gazette as yet and with limited info…however.(with thanks The Thaiger)..fio.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COxQNjiNwfI

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls