Egyptair Business Class Barcelona to Bangkok via Madrid

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

• Viking777
    Participant

Thanks for a good review, I completely agree with you. I have done 3 flights with Egyptair CMN-BKK on J class in the last 3 months. Im only interested in getting a good seat for sleeping on the long sector CAI-BKK and here the B777-300ER is perfect for me. 1 time the return sector BBK-CAI was on A330-200 though with old cradle style seat which is to be avoided. I previously used LH via FRA which is excellent but its almost double price. As LH M&M member I still get my miles with Egyptair and I still fly LH on reward tickets.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Can any one give me the J fare from LHR to BKK (via CAI) on Egyptair and where can one book such fare?

Is a stop-over allowed either on the outbound or the inbound?

If so it’s time to go back to Upper Egypt!

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I flew DXB-CAI-LHR in April last year and have to say it was one of the most pleasant journeys I have had in J class.. The 5am departure from Dubai meant that service was breakfast with a fairly hearty offering and loads of fresh orange juice, I settled back to watch a film in a semi recline and dozed off to be woken 15 mins prior to landing in Cairo.

The transfer at Cairo was a bit of a scrum with many international flights arriving.. What I thought quirky was the fact that I was offered a smoking or non smoking lounge.

London bound was on the flagship 777 ER with amazing service. A great useful amenity kit, odd starter but great main meal. Finished watching the film that I dozed off on on the first flight and another so entertainment sufficient but not the best. (I had no complaints).

The only thing I really missed was a nice glass of wine with dinner though on both flights the crew did serve other passengers mixers to go with their drinks. Its ironic that Egyptair is a dry airline but run the duty free concession at Cairo Airport.

donkeyasia
    Participant

current best restricted fare for J class LHR-BKK is £1642 online. Flight Centre will match this and offer maybe a £10.00 discount. transit times are longer than Qatar or Etihad, more than 2.30-4 hours. lounges are not good in Cairo. for the extra and the food and service on Qatar/Etihad (with good champagne) i would pay the extra £170 for business class.

on Egyptair. you must get the pm flight from london and the midnight flight on the return leg to assure your get the new configution.

Egyptair are horribly slow in crediting your Star alliance points. at elast one month and even then some correspondence may be necessary.

no extra xharge for a stopover on the return leg, but straight through on lhr-bkk. hope this helps

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen !!

I believe I am that enthusiastic poster you have been evoking !..Here am I ..back again to talk highly about Egyptair s fantastic value for money deals if you fly longhaul in business class on their flagship B777-300ER !!!!…..I do endorse every single word that has been posted by YOU ALL in this thread !
    Let me just ( for the sake of fairness ) highlight that Egyptair s longhaul and medium haul business class ( B777-300ER and B737-800 respectively ) is not the brightest in the world but it is indeed a superior product in terms of comfort and space compared to other big names that I am not very enthusiastic about in biz class e.g. Lufthansa ,Emirates ,etc….standards of comfort on the new fyully flat bed horizontal seat challenge many many reputable carriers biz class seats ,and specifically Lufthansa !!!!…..moreover ,food and drinks on Egyptair are quite decent in portions and quality yet not Michelin starred standards BUT paying GBP1200 to fly from London to BKK and back at this level of comfort is a blessing by all standards ..this is a gift from Heaven !…IFE is rather limited but on a Barcelona Cairo it is acceptable ..you will just get bored on the BKK leg but the seat is so much soothing ,you will fall asleep …!!!….I challenge you Gentlemen if you manage to sleep on the angled lie flat ,cumbersome to operate LH biz class long haul seat !!!!!..In summary ,the Egyptair formula for longhaul biz class travel is indeed a winning one !!….It is cheaper to fly Egyptair in biz class to BKK from London at such a level of comfort rather than fly Premium Eco on BA for example for a higher fare !!…..MS lounges in CAI reflect Star Alliance preset standards worldwide so this is Star features ..if you don t like it ,then switch to another alliance ….Punctuality is indeed above average and moreover their online booking engine is one of the simplest to use across the industry yet not that sophisticated …..
    Gentlemen ……go for it before you think of flying Premium Eco on BA longhaul to the Far East when you are on a budget !..

Oupssssssss..I forgot ..their cabin attendants are very courteous ,polite and efficient ,,let alone the smile on their faces ( in biz class specifically ) vs other congested cabin crew with other reputed carriers singing praises of their services coz they just have the funds to advertise ….nothing more !!!!

The 777-300ER plies the LHR,BKK,Guangzhou ,New York and Dubai legs !….give it a try !!!

Cheers !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hey there !

There is a mistake in the header of this thread ,I believe ..it should read Barcelona to Bangkok via Cairo (not Madrid !!!) ..no ??

Thanks ,Editor !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi FlyingChinaman !

You can access all Egyptair special fares in all classes on their booking engine ..you just need to fall on flights that have the relevant booking class available…

Good luck !

Hktbound
    Participant

I was the writer of the header of the thread, I in fact flew Barcelona-Cairo-BKK-Cairo-Madrid.
    Interestingly, reading donkeyasias comments I received the outbound mileage in 3 days without prompting. Im waiting for the return mileage but in fairness Ive only returned 2 days ago. Return trip was equally as punctual. We saved 1400 euros against Swiss who were next cheapest based on 2 travellers – Its a lot of money and makes this choice a good option

donkeyasia
    Participant

KSHaggag
    LHR-CAI-BKK is £1600 not £1200 as stated. where do you see the £1200 price?

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hey !

I meant the basic fare before taxes and surcharges ..yep..you are right !..still a fraction of any other carrier worth its salt !

Thanks !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hktbound !

Thanks ..but here it is not ( via ) Madrid ,but rather Barcelona -Bangkok-Madrid just for the sake of clarity ..thanks !

cheers !

K

Hktbound
    Participant

KSHaggag – your absolutely correct, well noted.

skywards
    Participant

Egyptair offer cheap business class fares from AMS to BKK via CAI, i bought a return ticket for £1,171.70 via ebookers for November of this year my KLM flight from NCL to AMS was £119.

I also got a great first class fare with Emirates from AMS to BKK via DXB in May for £2,437.80 also from ebookers.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Ok Skywards !!..so still your Egyptair + KLM arrangement sets u back with GBP1300 approx vs GBP2437 + 119 = 2556 with EK ….no comparison !
    The Egyptair offer outweighs the other one !..head and shoulders !
    Cheers !

donkeyasia
    Participant

KSHaggag
    your compairson between EK FIRST CLASS, & Egyptair business class is indeed a comparison.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls