Egyptair Business Class Barcelona to Bangkok via Madrid

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

It depends if paying double fare to upgr from Business to First makes biz sense …

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hello ZKsmith
    Am Mrs Luganopirate and am wondering if you ever managed to fly fto JNB vith egyotair .. Am considering since it is so very cheap ….. Am not overly fussed over booze but love my movies and would love a flat bed … Am flying Qatar right now but for the first time they are a bit pricey … And I do like to land in JNB before the big Airbuses Lufthansa, Virgin, BA et all!!
    Thanks for all help!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hello ZKsmith
    Am Mrs Luganopirate and am wondering if you ever managed to fly fto JNB vith egyotair .. Am considering since it is so very cheap ….. Am not overly fussed over booze but love my movies and would love a flat bed … Am flying Qatar right now but for the first time they are a bit pricey … And I do like to land in JNB before the big Airbuses Lufthansa, Virgin, BA et all!!
    Thanks for all help!!!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

LP

JNB is on A332, not lie flat, but about 140 degree reclining cradle seat.

Cheap as chips, but rough around the edges, but you pays a reasonable price for it.

Just avoid Egyptair Excerspress like the plague 😉

KSHaggag
    Participant

Irrelevant to talk about Egyptair Express here coz it is just a regional subsidiary of Egyptair f
    Ying domestic routes and some regional routes ..the best product Egyptair has in biz class is indeed the 777-300ER and the A333 …the A332 has an older product ,not flat but reasonably comfortable and spacious like traditional biz class products ….

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Irrelevant to talk about Egyptair Express here coz it is just a regional subsidiary of Egyptair “

I disagree, it provides international flights of 2-3 hours, such as BAH and MLA.

And it is pure rubbish.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Yes..these are still regional flights as clearly mentioned .

Thank you

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

So why is it irrelevant to talk about an airline that does 2 hour plus international flights and which is often combined with Egyptair mainline on the same itineraries, e.g. short haul to long haul? We don’t know where LP is starting from and he might have Express sectors at the start and end of his journey.

Thank you.

Some of this rubbish airlines recent behaviours (as observed in ‘business class.’)

– Egyptair engineer sitting in the first row of business class and reclining seat fully through the entire flight, preventing a business man behind working on this laptop
    – Passenger sitting next to me pressed call bell 5 times in 30 minutes and was ignored every time
    – no towels in washroom, toilet roll rammed into towel holder
    – washroom was dirty from point of departure
    – business class (2×2) sold 2×2, very little space, eco half empty, moveable curtain left as is, unpleasantly cramped for business class pax

People need to check their proposed itineraries carefully for Embraer 170 and it they find one, realise they will be travelling on an airline that makes Ryanair look passenger friendly

KSHaggag
    Participant

The scope of the conversation was a long haul flight to JNB ,something express does not assume ,hence irrelevant .

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

You don’t know that there is not an Express connection to CAI for the JNB flight, in LP’s potential itinerary, do you?

Thus it might be relevant.

I am surprised you are so dismissive of someone trying to support another poster with information that could materially affect the quality of their journey.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Not at all but we are here talking about two different brands ..one that is purely domestic and on a limited scale regional ,while the other one is the mainline long haul and intercontinental product .

It is indeed brilliant you raised the point on the express brand too.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I don’t want to be argumentative, but when one books an itinerary with MS, e.g. MLA-CAI-JNB, one may get Express on the itinerary with a normal MS flight number.

But the received product and service level will be hugely different.

So Express is not a limited local carrier, it does play an integral part in long haul journeys from parts of Europe and the ME to MS long haul destinations.

KSHaggag
    Participant

It will be indeed great if you list the destinations that Express is serving for the benefit of all BT Readers Forum members .That will be very much appreciated .Thank you .

Be_Nice
    Participant

I’ve never heard of the express version, and would never fly with Egypt air

KeaneJohn
    Participant

From checking the Egyptair website it would appear the Express services are mostly regional from Cairo/Alexandria although I can see that it does appear to go to Hungary. http://express.egyptair.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls