Disappeared thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

LPPSKrisflyer – this is the whole point. BOTH are needed as is TDC as was HT. Without the views and information the Forum will die.

I admit to previously crossing the line with VK and one other poster (who is indeed a very pleasant chap) who since rehandled. I used to wonder who posters were, am I talking to G-d or a refuse collector!

Until…..that is…. I started to save thousands of pounds by listening to what was being written and also enjoying travel more by sharing experiences. If there is a “handled” poster who runs an airline, fantastic, if we have someone with access to information, as long as we are doing nothing illegal by reading the information, fantastic.

Quite honestly, if VK, like Kendo Nagasaki (thats showing my age) unmasked his identity, then I think the forum would worse off.

This is cyberspace not Parliament – if posters looked and commented on what was being written rather than trying to posture themselves and cut the agression, we could live far better.

As an example Becky posted something the other day that I felt was wrong. I asked her to edit, she did, end of……..

I have got so much out of this forum, I just hope that i can put back as much as I take out and that can only happen if debate on contencious issues continues, without it getting personal.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Martyn: I think on this one you and I will have to agree to disagree.

One is valuable, the other is not. I look for solid information, not arrogant opinions that are not open to question. I can live without them but in reading almost any thread can not avoid them. They are used time and again to drag the subject back to the same old same old. I have more to do than read the same repetative stuff.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well LPPSKrisflyer, thats fine, presume you are not going to leave the Forum over this disagreement 🙂

Have a gr8 weekend.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Oh, I’m going no where but I would say I read less often than I used to simply because I find the same old same old rather tiring and time wasting and I have more to do with life.

You have a great weekend too.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

do what I do, take a deep breath, move on and consider a 2 month holiday over the summer……..

magnus77
    Participant

All,
    BT took a sensible decision as what started as a genuine thread turned into a slanging match, involving VK and others. Unfrotunately I too have not bothered posting lately and have stuck to flyertalk unfortunately a certain person is creaping there as well, We are here to post experiences,stories and share things with one another, I for one didnt sign up to take cheap shots at others!
    I was interested in this post as I am flying to BOS and LAX so had a vested interest in people’s experiences this has been tarnished by below the belt comments and fellow posters acting like spoilt brats if they are only going to cause problems then good riddance
    Have a good weekend 🙂

pomerol
    Participant

Martyn/Formallydos

Excellent sugestion Malta, I would cetainly be up for a weekend there, pretty much anytime.

Have a good weekend everyone.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I hope you’ll reconsider Tete. I’m pretty sure you’re reading this so don’t go away. Some of your posts have been useful and informative. I didn’t see the full thread and missed a few posts as I’ve had a busy few days, nonetheless I think it’s a bit harsh to ban someone for calling someone else a liar.

Most would agree its not a language to use and on this forum I’ve seen both the “F” and “C” words used (admittedly starred out) which I think is far worse than the L word. Surely a short private email to Tete would have worked BT?

I also think peer pressure works well. Recently a new poster gave a very unkind and critical response to someone. He was sharply rebuked by some other regular posters and he went away.

From my perspective if I see something unsubstantiated, then I either debate or ignore it. Not worth getting worked up over, life is too Hirt for that.

Have a good weekend all, I’m watching England v S. Africa and hope England can at least win this third test.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – the big game is tomorrow – lets hope England get another game on the 28th!

I also agree with your comment re TDC!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well at least we got a draw in this one Martyn! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, I’m surrounded by Italians so am a bit outnumbered.

The family arrive early Monday so tomorrow I have to put the house back in order and remove all evidence of my tempory bachelor status, get rid of the empties, clean ashtrays, light a hundred joss sticks to hide the smell of the cigar smoke etc, 😉

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Tete, Aww dont go 🙁 just because others dont agree with your views or get facts wrong, hell i have done it enough times before!!! Dont worry becuase i will get in touch with Tom and the team at BT request them to get you unblocked.

The only one thing that does worry me about you is your interest in WW. Its always good to here arguments from both sides, but please let it go and try not to get to involved. Also safe travels out on the bike.

Hopefully one day our paths will cross an we will meet :O)

Love Bex xxx

PS: Everyone else can i suggest we all contact the BT editorial team directly and support Tete_De_Cuvee to have his account unlocked!!!

RichHI1
    Participant

I have made my position clear to BT on this thread. It is my view this forum is manipulated by certain posters and as such, without questioning BT’s intent, BT’s effective integrity is subject to question. For me the ball is in BT’s court.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I support every word that Rich has written and I expect to see Tete’s handle restored on Monday.

Recently, I’ve posted 12 Seat Plan reviews and have thus contributed quite a bit of decent content to this site.

if TdC is not restored, that will be the end of my involvement – this is not a threat, but a statement of intent.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments on this.

In the end, though, we have to go with what we believe is the right decision for the good of the forum as a whole, and this is what we have done.

Any member is free
    (a) leave, or
    (b) request they have their account deleted, then
    (c) come back with a different account to complain about the way they were treated
    (d) ignore our requests to stop posting in a certain manner, and
    (e) be banned, and
    (f) come back and complain about it, and
    (g) email us continually with complaints about other posters, when
    (h) they are just as bad if not as bad, and
    (i) I’ll still believe the forum is worth continuing with.

I’ve soaked up as many insults on this forum as most posters, and our staff have had to put up with quite a few too. We’ll continue to do our best to try and police it so the vast majority of users can get some value from the site, but if that’s not good enough, there’s always the option of choosing one of the options above. I hope you don’t, but if you do, you will be in illustrious company…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

FormerlyDoS, what about the rest of your friends? 🙁 xx

Rich, “My views for the little they are worth.” your views in my opinion are worth more than anyone on this site. You seem to have the most extensive experience and knowledge. Please don’t stop!! 😉 xxxx

Martyn, you are so right that without views of the like of HT and TdC the forum will die 🙁

CXDiamond & LPPSKrisFlyer, I know you both don’t think much of me but hey that’s cool. However i do respect your views and knowledge and experience.

VintageKrug, I find it odd that you know so much about BA but don’t work for them. It would be nice to know more about you at least what you do for a living. Again please dont stop contributing either.. you are my international man of mystery 😉

Tom Otley, You didn’t find my email offensive did you? Whatever final decision you have made regarding the poster, I will respect the decision you have made. I have grown fond of this forum and most of the frequent members who post so much that i have even delayed my evening plans (much to my bf annoyance..lol) to email you and comment on this forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls