Did BA stop the on-board Gold welcome?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

All the time you (and many others) are loyal and keep parting with cash BA don’t need to worry.

Letters to some faceless manager are a waste of pen ink to be honest.

Unless people vote with their feet this is how things will remain.

NNoah16
    Participant

I think the reality is that deep inside we are loyal and BA knows it however the stark reality is that BA can increase sales by copying the good elements of other airlines rather than only the cost cutting and skimping activities.

Just copy the AA business class seat and I will only fly BA long haul.

And yes sadly BA is now a copycat rather than a leader.

UAEScot1
    Participant

Well, I have just completed another four J class sectors with CX. DXB – HKG – HND and return.

All four sectors the in charge crew members came and said hello, the crew from DXB to HKG were absolutely spot on, service with a smile, chatty (but not too much) and the product to accompany it…It was great, i even asked for a comment card!!

Throughout this thread i have certainly picked oit a common theme, CX is by far giving the consistent service that we are all looking for. I personally don’t want a great flight followed by the polar opposite and that is where the problem lies with BA…Consistency! So any BA managers reading this, please take a few CX flights and experience what we are all telling you.

I also got the lie flat bed all the way, seems as if CX are removing the older “regional” biz class seats that they previously offered.

NTarrant
    Participant

I wouldn’t say that BA is a copycat, otherwise they would be copying all the best bits from other airlines and implementing. But that would have a cost attached.

SimonS1 point about voting with ones feet is fine if you have a choice. There are lots of people that are not able to for various reasons including cost. It’s really a case of wanting them to get it right

MartynSinclair
    Participant

SimonS1 has it spot in – BA simply do not need to care..

I use BA, especially in Europe, as the route network is extensive and the flights are free..

In return, I usually get crappy on board service, disinterested crew & very poor catering (if any).

If I was paying, it would bother me…

cityprofessional
    Participant

Quick update after 4 more BA sectors… No welcome, but perfectly friendly and efficient service. And one unexpected and unprompted at-gate op-up (the only person upgraded on a full flight). So no complaints 🙂

BugAdvisor
    Participant

Flew LHR-PRG last Friday 7th August evening flight. Flight was on time and not full – both unusual for a Friday evening. There were only three rows of Club – I was in 4C first row of economy.
    The Cabin Services Manager personally visited me and a couple of other, what I assume were Golds, in nearby seats. Short welcome back and a complimentary champagne from the front.
    Yes I know the champagne isn’t that great in Club Europe and mostly isn’t chilled, but I didn’t want to dampen his enthusiasm.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Most recent was LBA to PHL in cw, both sectors, no welcome. Return was PHL to LCA via LHR in cw. No welcome whatsoever.
    Pretty certain it’s down to the individual crew member.
    On a flight from LHR to Larnaca…..Pretty sure I would be the only GGL (assumed only because it’s a holiday destination ).

747foreverforus
    Participant

Last week completely surprised when the CSM on HAM LHR who was collecting empties and rubbish, stopped and welcomed me back by name ( I was sitting in economy) when I asked for another white wine, I was offered a champagne, which I accepted and was served with a club glass -as always with BA these days it depends on whether the crew can be bothered
    Today LHR – DUSS economy – no recognition at all

stevescoots
    Participant

Sunday on BA 904 to FRA (ET) 905 To LHR (CE) 025 to HKG (CW) Nothing, no welcome back at the door etc, no introduction, and on 025 not even offered a drink before take off and my choice of meal was already gone by the time crew got to me. So a pretty resounding yes it has stopped, along with any inflight benefits, either by policy or lax CSD enforcement.

JordanD
    Participant

A data point: LGW-MRU [Mauritius] and return. Both flights of about 12hrs, both times no special recognition.

I can’t imagine the Cabin Manager was busy for the whole duration …

ChrisK8
    Participant

I’ve flown 4 BA sectors as Gold in the past couple of months (2 x First, 1 x Club World and 1 x Premium Eco) and received no special recognition / welcome. Not that I need it!

NTarrant
    Participant

Recent flights RUH-LHR-RUH, outward nothing but crew on upper deck very good.

On return flight, steward who served me during the flight introduced himself, welcomed me as a gold exec and shook hands with me.

Giampaolo
    Participant

Happens to me one time every three flights on average, when flying BA. More frequently when I fly Cathay, Malaysian or Iberia – and never in Qantas. Can be indicative as a ‘proxy’ for the overall cabin service – the better the service, the more welcomes are delivered to the Gold members, maybe reflecting a general more atentive attitude of the crew. Not a big deal for me – if it is done, they are very welcome, if not, it is ok as well. I just have the feeling that the BA and IB crews are a bit in ‘shame’ when doing this ‘chore’ in front of all the other passangers – I always, smile, say thanks and sympathise with the person doing it.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I would say that in 99.9% of cases on CX, I always get a welcome at the seat by either the Inflight Services Manager and/or the Purser for the cabin I am flying. In Economy I get my complimentary bottle of water plus I am asked for my food choice prior to take off. It is nice when it happens and as Giampaolo says it sets the scene for the flight overall.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls