City Jet sell-off?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 183 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

Well your attitude and apparent anger in your own self appear just like VK!

I speak as i find and witness, as do 50 of my colleagues who fly with various Airlines.

Its is an established topic that Cityjet has rundown on the BT forum.
    It is an established fact that KLM and indeed schiphol is very well rated, amongst the top Airlines in Europe.

The response from Citijet for 3 complaints acknowledged that a Manager had checked several planes a year ago, and agreed they were in need of “Deep cleaning”! The responder also said that even Management were “shocked at what they found”!
    Managers that do not even board or check the standards of their aircraft…very useful.

So, it is where it put itself just now.
    Nothing improved.

SimonS1
    Participant

Marcus

You claimed Cityjet aircraft were “unsafe” (16th May). Quite an assertion, so can you give us your evidence to support this.

You claimed that KLM aircraft “do not develop cracks” (23rd May). I have given you 3 recent examples so can you confirm these reports are all inaccurate.

You claim the aircraft are “unhygienic”, as this has affected so many of your colleagues have you reported this to the health authorities? Have they taken action?

Please do give us the facts. After all we are all business travellers making informed decisions and I would be disappointed if what you are saying is all bluster and no substance.

Dwadda1
    Participant

Silicon Fen to NYC and Silicon Valley

If anyone at CityJet is reading this, please would you adjust the timing of your CBG-DUB flight to leave at 6am as per your AMS flight from CBG.

There are very many of us that commute monthly from Cambridge to the US. Getting to LHR is a chore. A short taxi ride from home with a 15 min check-in time is really appealing.

Here’s the best bit, a £5k business fare LHR-SFO is reduced to less than £2k DUB-JFK-SFO (on AA I-class), and that includes new business class on A321 sharklet transcon.

So.. STOP making light of CBG.. just my £24k a year.

rjhcambs
    Participant

Dwadda1,
    Don’t think there is much chance of that – they would need two a/c. I have no idea what load factors they are getting on CBG flights but when Darwin were flying last year AMS seemed to be the busiest flights.
    The other advantage you did not mention is the pre-immigration clearance at Dublin for US flights – also worth a few £££s at least for me.
    Finally there has been quite a bit of knocking on this thread about the reliability and age of the F70s but in the two weeks they have been flying out of CBG I could probably set my clock by the reliability of the morning Dublin flight – when it flies over my house I know it is 09:20!

SimonS1
    Participant

rjhcambs – you can set your clock by it?

Remember according to Marcus their aircraft are unsafe, so surely instead of setting your clock you should consider moving away from the flightpath altogether.

rjhcambs
    Participant

SimonS1

Good point – I’ll phone the estate agent Tuesday unless Marcus is right before then,

canucklad
    Participant

I was in Dublin a couple weeks ago and noticed a cityjet plane still in AF livery . How long do you think AF will find acceptable to give Cityjet to remove any association with them ?

Especially if the bad publicity is true ?

s2art1e
    Participant

Apart from their core routes from LCY to Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Rotterdam etc, are there any rumours on what the rest on their network will look like for the winter schedule 14/15? At the moment no availability on their website for any other destinations apart from the ones listed above, after the end of October.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Just did a check on their websiite 12 November ANR-LCY return on 15 November and they show four flights on the 12th and 1 flight on the 15th.

SimonS1
    Participant

Antwerp is available in November as well.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Thanks Simon, would have been quite the journey to Appleton, Wisconsin on a Fokker 50. Corrected the post above.

s2art1e
    Participant

I was looking at Dresden – according to their customer service team, they are due to continue the route, but no schedules yet

Charles-P
    Participant

I am aware of a possible new airline operator between Antwerp – London City.

Conor2002
    Participant

MarcusUK, not sure what your agenda against CityJet is all about but now that you’ve disappeared after being called out by SimonS1, we now know it was all bluster. To post about ten times in one thread about how you won’t fly Cityjet, it felt like I was caught in a time warp reading the thread!

Also that deposit on the plastic interior windows is not dirt, its seems to be a protective coating. So I’m not sure why you’re scraping it off. You will find dirt on any aeroplane in service, do you think CityJet should deep clean each aircraft on a turnaround or what? I found the avro reasonably clean and pretty comfortable, being squashed into the middle seat is not nice though.

To say that CityJet is unsafe is just foolish to be honest and your sudden disappearance after being asked for evidence speaks volumes.

transtraxman
    Participant

Maybe it indicates the agenda of diifferent posters. (As others have been criticised before).

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls