Calm Under Pressure: This is Why I Fly BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)

• Marco64
    Participant

Again this is a failure of management at BA. They a run a blame culture and in this case Birkhill was pushed out and only invited back because of internal pressure from staff.

Swindoneric
    Participant

Does seem somewhat strange to be posting this so long after the incident, as admirable as the crew’s handling of the situation was..

VintageKrug
    Participant

I was at the shareholder meeting where Willie Walsh said “I’d like to have him back”.

There is no question that BA’s management had anything other than praise for his actions; the opprobrium came from elsewhere within the company, a cancer which has thankfully now been exorcised.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Oh dear, Krug is on one of his promote BA no matter how ridiculous he sounds drives. Best leave him to it.

I don’t think there is any doubt that BA’s safety record is currently under scrutiny by any right minded people. To paraphrase Lady Bracknell, one engine failure would be unfortunate, two…

EU_Flyer
    Participant

The 2 incidents are seperate.

BA38 showed professionalism by the flight and cabin crew (most of which were probably legacy crew) which resulted in the aircraft landing with minimal damage to persons onboard. Many did suffer minor injuries but in the larger scheme of things they all got off in one piece and, I believe, with lifetime Gold Cards and hopefully their injuries full compensated.

The Oslo flight also showed professionalism by the flight and cabin crew. But this doesn’t take away from the fact that what happened on that flight showed a disgraceful flaw in BA’s maintenance regime which could have been fatal.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The professionalism of the flight and cabin crew on BA38 is without question.

openfly
    Participant

VK…so was the professionalism of the first officer and cabin crew on the 1-11 out of Birmingham many years ago, and many others, on many airlines. I fail to see the relevance of this topic now. Perhaps there is a motive in your own mind that you cannot accept that BA screwed up so publicly, with the cowel doors, and this is the way you are addressing your own problem.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed openflly – so was the calmness of the crew on the SQ flight to London this week which suddenly dropped 65 feet, depositing most of the breakfast on the ceiling. Fortunately after the captain had been professional enough to switch the signs on and get everyone strapped in.

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-chaos-on-singapore-airlines-flight-2013-6?op=1

It’s apparent that with his rose tinted spectacles on VB cannot see the real world, hence the increasingly irrelevant posts, contrived comments on posts from months ago, tedious bumping/puffing of Taste of London tickets etc etc.

Reading most threads I’m not sure anyone really takes him seriously, but the good news is with recent maintenance, catering, punctuality etc incidents there will be plenty for him to update us on when he grills big Willie and the seniors at the forthcoming TofL event.

Bucksnet
    Participant

As BA38 was sabotaged it needs to be omitted from any talk of BA’s safety record.

The Oslo flight appears to be a maintenance oversight and is an entirely separate incident.

Guest_Poster
    Participant

Having read the latest posts from Vintage Krug, I am rapidly forming the opinion that he is a candidate for (virtual) village idiot.

His welcome to me was to imply I was another poster (at least this is what I understood) and his subsequent posts are apparently deluded.

At least it is entertaining to read.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Sabotage?!!!

How was it sabotaged, and what was the motive behind that?

craigwatson
    Participant

Please Please VK, do not get him started on his paranoid consiracy theories!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

SimonS1 – 07/06/2013 07:48 GMT
    It’s apparent that with his rose tinted spectacles on VB cannot see the real world, hence the increasingly irrelevant posts, contrived comments on posts from months ago, tedious bumping/puffing of Taste of London tickets etc etc.

Reading most threads I’m not sure anyone really takes him seriously,

+1

I think he’s taken BeckyKrug’s meds by accident….

Rgds.
    AOTG.

FrDougal
    Participant

VK, Are you seriously trying to blame your arch nemesis BASSA for the captains poor treatment at BA?

Because of so you are not only wrong but bringing your rhetoric to a whole new level of lies. A low low low blow even for you!

You really are a troll on here!

Bucksnet
    Participant

Yes sabotage VK. We’ve been over this issue before.

Craig, how is it a paranoid conspiracy theory? The AAIB was involved in the cover up and came out with a story of something which has never happened on any 777 in over 18 years of operations. WTFU.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls