Calm Under Pressure: This is Why I Fly BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

Guest_Poster – 07/06/2013 10:09 GMT

Haha! Don’t worry, you’ll get used to him. The first morning I posted he immediately claimed I was someone else – rich from someone who so obviously posts under numerous handles here – to a point where some of the more informed and unlightened posters simply refer to the KrugHandles as it saves differentiating them! You’ll soon see who they are when they pop up to attack a topic Krug doesn’t like and they do it in numbers!

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

Anyway, back to BA38, no doubt in my mind that the pilot was forced out of BA and allowed back after an outcry.

As to why the topic has been posted now, well, BA have just created a mess of monumental proportions by failing to latch closed not one but two engine covers. Thank goodness nothing worse happened than did but someone living on the approach to LHR might easily have been eating scorched plane for breakfast.

Heads need to roll not only in engineering but at the top of the company too, there needs to be accountability right to the top for what could have been a major disaster of untold proportions.

SimonS1
    Participant

Long article in the Standard tonight about the recent Venice shambles. How the flight was scheduled and cancelled three times, how passengers were told there were hotel rooms and then forced to sleep in the airport, families with young kids refused access to their luggage, eventually arriving 15 hours late.

I’m sure VB will have some way of explaining how this was outstanding service.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I actually enjoy Bucksnet’s conspiracy theories. Always good to see another angle and they always (mostly) makes me laugh!

Bucksnet, it was ice crystals in the fuel lines that caused the blockage, and it has happened plenty of times, though usually at much higher altitudes giving plenty of time for them to melt. I believe the problem, discovered as a result of BA38, has now been solved.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

PS Bucksnet. Any theories on the Bilderberg conference at the Grove this weekend? Am genuinely interested.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Of course ice crystals form, but in this case we are told to believe they blocked the fuel flow, to both engines at the same time, just minutes before landing.

Don’t you find it strange that a BA 777 from Beijing crashed only a few hundred feet from where another BA 777 carrying the UK prime minister was preparing to go to Beijing?

As regard to Bilderberg, I was there yesterday. It does actually exist, and yet only a few years ago its existence was denied and people trying to raise awareness of it were called conspiracy theorists.

VintageKrug
    Participant

BritFlier
    Participant

What a funny thread!

Biztraveller74
    Participant

I would add useless too….
    It is obvious many people do not like BA here, I m one of them, but I vote with my feet, flying Middle eastern and Asian airlines when I can, and Qantas to Dubai often. Qantas is really much better in J than BA or Emirates!

Bucksnet
    Participant

I will take your word for it that Qantas business class is better, but in defence of Emirates at least each seat has direct aisle access even though there are 8 seats across compared to 6 across on Qantas.

I’m sure certain posters will criticize my comment above as I have not flown in the exact cabin on the exact plane, but to me the photos are quite clear – 6 across and the need to climb over another passenger if sitting next to the window: –

http://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=923&q=qantas+a380+business&oq=qantas+a380+business&gs_l=img.3..0l8.1223.5680.0.5788.20.9.0.11.11.0.86.621.9.9.0…0.0.0..1ac.1.16.img.LyzgnmMm3KQ

Guest_Poster
    Participant

Bucksnet – 09/06/2013 08:37 GMT

There are 4 seats across in Emirates business cabin.

Having read some if your posts, however, I am not surprised you think there are 8.

BritFlier
    Participant

I would side with the 4 across. While 8 seats are clearly intersected by a line drawn from one side to the other, the staggered configuration and direct aisle access make it a 4 for me.

How would you rate a herringbone like VS or CX? A straight line would probably intersect 6 seats, but I’m sure most would view it as a 3

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Oh dear Bucksnet, you really must try the EK A380 before you keep insisting that there are eight seats across, there aren’t and my Skywards Platinum Card says I travel with them often and more often on the A380 than anything else. But of course, you know better than me. Not.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hello H.T

I take it from the image supplied by Bucksnet that only every second passenger in the 8-across configuration gets a TV screen? What happens if I wish to watch Baywatch but the chap in the next seat to me wants to enjoy the latest Star Trek movie? Do we take the screen in shifts?

Perhaps Bucksnet can answer that one.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Biztraveller74
    Participant

Hi,
    Not sure what the photos show but the space on emirates A380 is clearly more au substantial than BA, just organised differently.
    To be honest, Emirates feels like the space is 6 across…
    Looks 4, definitely not 8, but 6. This is all due to space you feel on board, the space of the bar,..
    I prefer Qantas to emirates just because the service is faster somehow, you get a loungewear of nice quality, and I like the atmosphere.
    And qantas customer service is decent in case of problems, unlike Emirates.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls