BT Awards 2015 (now 2016)

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Shame there’s not a category for best hotel in Africa. With more people coming to Africa for business and leisure it should I think be featured. I believe it was a category in the past?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

PS. If there was a category I’d vote for the Mount Nelson in Cape Town. 10/10 every time.

esselle
    Participant

And for smaller hotels in RSA, Twelve Apostles in Camps Bay, and The Marine at Hermanus.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree Esselle, the Marine is a lovely hotel, and having afternoon tea in the lounge you can in season see the whales. I’ve been there often. Great fish restaurant as well.

I’ve hard the 12 Apostles is also very good but I’ve never been there.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I look forward to BA winning the best First Class award.

stevescoots
    Participant

now now FDOS you know its an excellent product really 😉

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Steve, seriously, BA won best short haul carrier last year, why not best first class tihs year?

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=765588]Steve, seriously, BA won best short haul carrier last year, why not best first class tihs year?

[/quote]

It’s the Concorde Room winning best lounge in a world where the LH F Terminal doesn’t even rate that always amuses me about these awards. The voters need to get out more.

And BA first class rated above Etihad? Again, what are the voters on?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

To quote many of the miffed “Stay in the EU” voters “this is what you get when the uneducated traveler gets to vote on travel awards” (said tongue in cheek of course). There are far to many awards which has rendered the whole awards episode meaningless.

crookieLondon
    Participant

esselle – I agree. How on earth can any airline beat Etihad? Experience the First Apartment on their amazing A380 and seriously tell me that you can find better. They don’t call it “Flying Reimagined” for nothing. I’ve travelled with all finalists in First with the exception of Singapore, and Etihad is streets ahead of the rest.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ok – I will admit I have never flown the ME3 or used any middle east hub. One of the parts that puts me off, is taking a mid distance break in the journey and I imagine it would make the journey harder in terms of recovery. Sure I take ex-Europe tickets and suffer short flights beginning and end.

Perhaps the passengers/readers who voted do not use the ME as a hub…

Either way though, I do feel a little jealous of constantly hearing how good the ME3 products actually are…..

SimonS1
    Participant

Does anyone really take these awards seriously?

MrMichael
    Participant

Having been the recipient of awards in the past, I don’t take them seriously at all. I think they are very centric geographically, often filled in by people that have an opinion on some questions but no knowledge of others and so make it up. They are however very successful financially for the organisers, generally attended for networking reasons rather than needing to win an award with winning organisation tipped they will do well so they can buy expensive tBles at the awards and bring along some business chums.

I am going to organise awards for posters on here, would like ideas on category’s such as biggest BA fan (trophy is mine) most cantankerous etc etc etc. I will get a has been celebrity to host it, and I will charge 220 per person (10 o a table) if you book early and 320 if you book late. It will be sponsored by errrrr Ryanair, the worlds favourite airline.

🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m assuming this will be all inclusive MrMichael, or will we have to pay extra for the food (or bring our own perhaps), pay to use the lavatory and I’m guessing champagne will be extra?

Oh, and I didn’t see any surcharge for paying with a credit card!

canucklad
    Participant

Hi BT folk…
    Do you already or have you considered your regional editions having their own awards
    And then combine to have a pan BT award?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls