BT Awards 2015 (now 2016)

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

• Anonymous

FDOS_UK
    Participant

http://www.businesstraveller.com/awards2015

Some of the placings defy logic.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m surprised to see QR as best airline overall. Shows the inroads they’re making.

I am wondering though why some categories have 5 places and others only 4? I’d like to see the top ten along with percentages.

MrMichael
    Participant

When I read LHR best for tax free shopping I thought it was a joke!

Charles-P
    Participant

With the exception of driving some advertising spend to the magazine and website which I assume is the primary purpose I can see no value in ‘awards’ of this kind whatsoever.

Panda01
    Participant

I am surpised that BA got into so many awards.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I am completely baffled. How can LHR get into all of the “best airport” lists? I can see no reason for it getting into any of them.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

DavidGordon10 – 13/10/2015 08:49 BST

Availability heuristic?

conshaldow
    Participant

Shouldn’t they just rename “Best Business Hotel in the UK” to “Best Business Hotel in London”?

Also, best airport and best tax-free shopping has to go to Singapore Changi. Although I did pick up a very well discounted Ralph Lauren shirt in T5 earlier this year, the free 40 Singapore Dollars I received for having a long stopover in Changi (when flying with SQ) outdid this.

JohnHarper
    Participant

The Concorde Room as the best F lounge and the LH F Terminal isn’t even rated?

Who cast the votes? Wee Willie?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

JohnHarper – 13/10/2015 09:54 BST

I know! The Concorde Room isn’t event the best lounge at Heathrow.

SimonS1
    Participant

I have never understood how these awards work (even though it is debated each year). However if it’s by readers/subscribers then presumably that reflects the readership footprint of the magazine.

In other words if (say) 80% of readership is in UK then I wouldn’t anticipate many votes for Garuda.

nibbler
    Participant

It turns out Amsterdam is out of this world …

Best Airport in the World

1 Singapore Changi Airport
    2 Hong Kong International Airport
    3 Dubai International Airport
    4 London Heathrow Airport
    5 Hamad International Airport, Qatar

Best Airport in Europe

1 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
    2 London Heathrow Airport
    3 Munich Airport
    4 Zurich Airport

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I also wonder if the other “BT'” readers from their sister publications in various parts of the world also contribute to this survey and if the responses are then collated, or is it purely the UK readerships responses that count?

GrahamSmith

I am posting the following on behalf of managing director Julian Gregory…

Many thanks for all your comments on the BT Awards.

The results are indeed the product of a survey of Business Traveller readers taken during the April – June period of this year. Print subscribers and digital readers (of the UK edition – and not all are UK-based) are invited to participate and the results are put together by a market research company.

In answer to specific questions/comments:

1. Most categories have four on the shortlist. Those with five are the top awards (e.g. Best Airline and Best Business Class as that is the most flown class by our readers).

2. Sadly, only half the awards go to companies that advertise! We use the market research company to ensure independence.

3. The awards are not a money-making event for BT. Whilst we do get some advertising from a few award winners, after the event this is dwarfed by the cost of hosting 300 people to lunch, putting on the awards ceremony and paying the market research company.

4. The awards have been going as an invitation-only event for over 30 years.

To the many people that disagree with the results that is healthy as different people like different things. All I would ask is that next year if you are invited to participate, please do, as then you can have an influence on the results.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls