Britain’s Borders in Chaos

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

“Berlin Brandenburg”

My company was involved with that, never did get paid in full. Total cock up from beginning to end although in defence of the Germans a number of political and professional careers did end as a result. Not sure that would have happened in the UK.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The only large scale public project I can think of which is in time and on budget is the new North South AlpTransit link of Swiss railways. This CHF 20 billion project will deliver real benefits and it would be nice to see BT run an article on it.

http://Www.AlpTransit.ch for more info.

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Anthony,
    Ha, not had an opportunity to try out our magnificent new trams, the one opportunity will probably be to get out to Tynecastle or Murrayfield or the airport (not likely) if I’m in the city centre. But as I live in West Lothian I’d need to go out of my way to use them. Having said that, was in at the festival at the weekend and the ones that did pass were busy.
    And it was, without doubt a grandiose political ego trip rather than ,what was best for Edinburgh. Lothian buses are the best service in the UK, and didn’t need trams getting in their way … : )
    LP…. Refreshing to hear about your infrastructure success, and to counter our poor maligned trams I give you the 3rd crossing , under budget and on time
    http://www.forth-bridges.co.uk/

BigDog.
    Participant

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed. That UK Border programme on a Sky always ends the same way.

“XXX was released on bail to report each week to local police station. After the first week they never reported again”.

To worried about offenders’ human rights to arrange proper enforcement. No wonder the border people get so demotivated. Fast as people are detained they disappear.

Teresa May is a great talker, I’ll give her that.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Babushka: actually no, the real problem is May’s total uselessness: viz headline in Sunday Telegraph this weekend

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls