Best Pyjamas on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

That’s right Papillion, you put him in his place 😉

On a recent Edelwiss flight to CPT in Business, a couple were wearing Swiss First PJ’s and then started walking up and down the cabin to show them off. Someone commented very loudly that they probably got them on EBay. Cabin and crew erupted in laughter and said couple did not move from their seats other than to change back to “civvies”.

RichHI1
    Participant

SwissExPat I used to wear BA pajamas on AA to shame them into having PJ’s – finally worked. I wear BA, VS, AA and QF when on flights without PJ’s but CX is just that little bit off the wall if you are the only one wearing them.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Especially on the lunchtime flight.

So that’s the dress code for the next forum posters’ meeting sorted.

RichHI1
    Participant

One man’s lunchtime is another man’s cocktail hour. There is nothing worse than taking a connecting flight after a long haul and you are either surrounded by drinking and dining when you think it is breakfast or everyone thinks you are an alcoholic asking for a Brandy at Breakfast when your body tells you it is 5.30 pm.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Absolutely Rich – maybe anyone transiting LHR should leave their pyjamas on and they might get through passport control quickly without having to cough up £1800.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Bunnywhatsit,

We might all HAVE to go on board wearing PJs in the near future:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17985709

Cheers, Simon

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Ah that’s drifting the thread into a contentious issue indeed – whether true Scotsmen wear anything under their pyjamas on board.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m not a Scot, but wouldn’t even dream of wearing underwear under PJ’s!

HongKongLady
    Participant

eejp1007 interested to hear your views on the HK airlines flight. Have looked a couple of times but still seems too much of an unknown quantity and expensive for arriving into Gatwick.

I often wear the bottoms form another airline with a plain t.shirt then you don’t look like you are advertising ! I would prefer all pjs came with short sleeves

Surely underwear must remain on, although a quick change or underwear before disembarking is ok.

CaptainGaz
    Participant

Am already down the gym preparing fro the photo shoot in my QF greys! Let’s include for an annual award and factor in amenity kit also…

NTarrant
    Participant

Of course the addition is how good is the contents of the amenity kit, such as does one moisterisor work better on say QF than SQ etc. More awards!

Bill_Hants
    Participant

@ Bunnahabhain

I imagine it’s the same as with kilts. Nothing is worn underneath – it’s all as good as the day it was new !

Fnarr ! Fnarr!

Papillion53
    Participant

Hey Bunnywhatsit (LOL! LOL!)

Bagsie I get to check! 😉 It’s a sair fecht! 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Here’s a cool competition idea. Everyone gets a picture of themselves in their favourite airline pj’s and sends it in to BT, the editorial team make a short list of the best ones in to 2 categories; men and women. They post the shortlist online and all members vote for their favourite one and the winner gets a prize :O)

HongKongLady
    Participant

Good idea BeckyBoop and we should add ideas for the use of all those empity amenity bags……
    Maybe the prize could be free pjs for life !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls