Best Pyjamas on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

• CrazyCanuck
    Participant

The EK ones are nice. The fabric keeps you feeling warm and the pyjama’s work very well at home. Qatar airways J class so so

Danwolf
    Participant

“A word of warning though. Wash them at a cold setting and do not spin dry, otherwise they shrink.”

Maybe I should wash them warm so they will shrink and actually fit me without looking like I’m wearing a king size duvet cover 🙂

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Danwolf: Run your washed pj in a cloth dryer with the highest heat setting and you will get the right size.

I treat all my airline pj coollection this way as I am only 5’7″ and slim.

RichHI1
    Participant

Danwold other option is to get Air France or the JAL pajamas on the non suite services such as LHR. If you tumble dry them you could sell them as doll’s clothes they are so small.

Danwolf
    Participant

Another first on the BT forum: clothes washing/shrinking tips from our regular contributors :-)))

Add: Thanks for the tips, I now know what I’m going to be doing this weekend besides building Ikea furniture for friends…

Senator
    Participant

Living in Stockholm and preferring rather chilled sleeping conditions (aka window open, and heat off during winter) I keep all my F PJs. I rank mine as:

1. LX
    2. BA
    3. LH
    4. AF

captainkit
    Participant

i’ve yet to find any pyjamas on board that are as good as my PJ Pan pyjamas. I’m 6’7″ tall so airline ones are never long enough for me. If you’re tall have a look at http://www.pjpan.co.uk as they do an extra long leg which is great for us tall guys! i think they do an extra long leg for ladies as well.

HongKongLady
    Participant

I am always grateful to receive pjs as some airlines only give them in first.

Have several pairs of BA ones ok good quality however too long and very warm

Qatar ok but have an unpleasant nylon feel about them

Qantas grey, love the kangaroo and they are soft comfortable not too thick.

Virgin, a little too warm but I find they are short so I am able to use the bottoms in the gym.

I am still waiting to aquire a pair of Shanghai Tang/Catay ones.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Sounds like we have a new ranking category in BT’s annual reader awards. Could be combined with best on-board bar.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Ha ha good idea although we will have to factor in the amenity pack too.

NTarrant
    Participant

Perhaps BT could do a feature in the magazine with the different pj’s modeled!

They could then be rated by, comfort, warmth, material etc

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

As long as the models aren’t the forum poster crowd.

SwissExPat
    Participant

My favourite trick is to take the new ones you get on a plane but change into an older pair for the journey but ensure that the pair you put on is from a different airline…

Certainly a way to let the crew know that you are used to a different airline and this then ensures that they try to impress you with high level of service!!!

Inquisitive
    Participant

I like the Singapore Airlines pj most. (unfortunately only given in F and nothing in J). These are Givanchi make and of very high quality. These are very comfortable on board and I use them at home. These stays pretty good after many wash. Over the last ten years, they changed color from light blue to bottle green to black. These also comes with very usefull pockets.

BA F pj are good but after a few wash, these becomes loose. Quality wise much inferior to SQ.

Virgin upper and Qantas pj are for one time use only – IMHO.

Papillion53
    Participant

Bunnahabhain – you speak for yourself!!! LOL! 😉 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls