Best Pyjamas on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

• Anonymous

CaptainGaz
    Participant

Trivial given global economic turmoil but do BA still have that awful mothball feel pj’s in F? I have so many of them for around the house but please can they change the material…

Must say best ever are the QF business ones with the kangaroo imprinted on them – their first not so great however…

Comments???

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I like the Thai Airways ones…they have recently switched from purple to blue and they are now all button tops, whereas I prefer the pullover type of top that they had in purple……but they are still very comfortable and I also have them littered around the house in Bangkok and in Dublin.

I don’t like the Qatar PJs……an off-white colour that looks a bit grubby even when they are first given to you. The material is similar to a velour material and nowhere near as nice as the Thai ones…

Thai have now started to use small Tumi bags for their amenity kits in First Class…..very nice indeed!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

My favourite remain Swiss. Fuly agree with you both about BA and QR jimjams. Lufthansa not bad but I find SQ’s a bit tight and that was a few yrs ago!

thebigseats
    Participant

The top 3;

1. LX First
    2. EY First
    3. CX First – even with dodgy pink trim!

Bottom 3;

1. BA First
    2. TG/SQ First
    3. VS Business

I use the LX & EY jammas around home & take them on longhaul flights to change into when I need to. Very nice.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hong Kong Airlines have some nice bright purple ones (for the London routing).

Air France First are good as well

Ellwood
    Participant

Hong Kong Airlines in Club Premier! Absolutely brilliant. But I know most people won’t have been lucky enough to try the product yet.

A little on the large size but I later found out that they did have different sizes, very soft cotton and really comfortable. The slippers were a little on the small side for my size 11s but functioned perfectly well.

The best WC to change in on board was in the Club Classic cabin, there is a huge disabled and baby changing facility with more than enough room to swing a cat in! Most of the Club Classic people were towards the back of the aircraft so didn’t feel too bad sneaking in to change.

We had 4 of us in our pyjamas drinking port at the bar which would have been a very good picture and if we had been thinking we could have put it on FB using the Wi-Fi onboard.

NTarrant
    Participant

The BA ones are of good quality, I have two pairs which are still going strong after two and a half years.

Like both the QF pjs F and J.

Danwolf
    Participant

I’ve only tried QR’s and BA’s, and both were the same to be honest. The issue I have is size availability . I completely drown in the BA and QR Mediums, which are just far to big to be a medium. I think the airlines thinks that the majority of its passengers are ‘customers of size’ and call what is really a large a medium (Maybe a US medium, not a UK/rest of the world medium?).

Then again, looking at the F cabin, and many times J (no pyjamas in BA J, I know), I am usually the youngest/slimmest person in the cabin, so size of pyjamas may be less of an issue for them…

That said, regardless of whether or not pyjamas are on offer, I find wearing them makes me overheat in the warm planes, so I bring a pair of shorts and tshirt to sleep in, which I find to be more comfortable.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Glad you said it Danwolf, I also sleep in shorts and find it more comfortable than pyjamas. I keep the pyjamas for longing round the house.

A word of warning though. Wash them at a cold setting and do not spin dry, otherwise they shrink.

rodders
    Participant

Best has to be CX First (supplied by Shanghai Tang!)

Worst QR’s off white “thing” and surprisingly Oman Air’s which resemble a N Korean jumpsuit favoured by the Great Leader……

RichHI1
    Participant

Many are too small. The Air France are horrible. So LH still have those odd Nightshirts?
    The new JAL ones on the suites on the US routes are really nice.

CaptainGaz
    Participant

@NTarrant – I’ll send you mine. You must be the first person from a group of about 30 friends who find BA’s the worst….

Binman62
    Participant

QF F are good but I was not keen on the business Clas.

BA are also good and command a reasonable sum on Ebay especially if combined with wash bag, slippers and a menu. Incredible what people will buy.

stevescoots
    Participant

QR off white with zip neck ones disapeared some time ago, for the past year at least i have been getting a soft dark grey with QR burgundy and light grey stripes, button neck. they are good, except the waist is draw string only, so unless u have them tight they slip down.

that said i have never worn PJ’s on a plane, i just take them home sometimes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls