Batten Down the Hatches: Avios is Coming!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)

• Phileasfoggtmc
    Participant

these benefits are a perk for many when a company is paying for the ticket. Appreciate and understand the impact on travellers, but its fair to say that BA have sought the views of a number of large corporate clients before making some of the changes

VintageKrug
    Participant

It has – for once – been a very consultative process.

This is a change from the way in which customer facing initiatives have been undertaken in the past and bodes well on many levels.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The new reward chart is now available; no surprises, and some great news on reductions for mileage needed to the East Coast USA.

Binman62
    Participant

The burning of Airmiles between now and Nov is highly recommended as they will be substantially devalued after that date. So far I have burned over 9000 air miles since the changes were announced on flights over the next 6 months By November my account should be at zero.

Bizarrely for many domestic flights I can pick up 20 Tier points and 2000 BA miles when flying on Airmiles and occasionally this happens on Euro Traveller bookings also.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

“Bizarrely for many domestic flights I can pick up 20 Tier points and 2000 BA miles when flying on Airmiles and occasionally this happens on Euro Traveller bookings also.”

I think BA have acknowledged on Flyer Talk that this is an system issue that will be resolved once Avios has been introduced.

I no longer have any Airmiles just standard BA miles. With it being increasingly difficult to get awards despite flexibility in CW I suspect I will use my miles on European trips and do back to back so I can align them with trips to Edinburgh and Manchester.

VintageKrug
    Participant

So, all this kicks off tomorrow, November 16th.

Hope you’ve all made your partner redemption bookings, exEU bookings and trips to Tel Aviv by now, and are holding back booking to North East US in order to take advantage of the changes.

We’ll be publishing images of the new Executive Club card designs on this site at midnight tonight, along with details on some as-yet-unannounced changes to the scheme, and an interview with head of customer engagement Ian Romanis.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Splendid.

A possible Bronze design has already been leaked on Flyertalk; looks yucky, and is more incentive to ensure you maintain Gold or Silver:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/188/bronzee.jpg

Swissdiver
    Participant

Btw, any news regarding the round the world reward rates in CW?

JamesBAgold
    Participant

A friend got hold of the new edition of BA’s monthy in house employee magazine “Up To Speed” yesterday which I was briefly looking at last night. It has a feature on the new Executive Club from page 20 onwards with photos of the new look cards for each tier plus the new Concorde Lounge card (a whitish cream colour).

There is also a new Gold Guest List Card which is the same as the Gold Card but with GL in small letters in the top right hand corner.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

It would sound positive if they were here. Now I know its only early morning but reward flights bookings are still using the old milage levels and there is no reward saver awards yet.

I still have BA Miles as a currency showing and there are references to Avios in half the advertising banners and BA Miles in the others.

Pretty poor really.. either take the website down for a couple of hours or do the changes or have a team to see the changes happen at midnight….advertise something is coming for so long for it not to come when announced it well frankly amateurish.

Travellator
    Participant

Maybe they are using the same web designer/hoster as BMi – LOL !

excessbaggage
    Participant

At least the Avios site seems to be up and running – and it looks like points can now be redeemed against Eurostar trips, days out, and wine and beer.

http://www.avios.com/spend

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’m not seeing the same thing – all my “BA Miles” phrases have transitioned to Avios and the Gold Card on my EC homepage has also changed to the new design.

I also notice the new TP earning rates on my future bookings, and can also book to NYC on the new rates; 40,000 Avios to sample CWLCY is excellent value.

http://www.ba.com/executive

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls