Batten Down the Hatches: Avios is Coming!

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

• FCTraveller
    Participant

I had the same problem until a minute ago. Try this, in your browser settings, clear your cache and your cookies. Logout from BA. Close your browser. Then open it and log-in again.

VintageKrug
    Participant

All working fine now; just booked for a weekend in JFK on the new reduced rates.

80,000 Avios return for the A318 Club World London City service is excellent value!

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/cwlcexp/public/en_gb

Travellator
    Participant

VK – I tried to do this myself but couldnt get to the LCY specific flight – maybe just a senior moment on my behalf !

Travellator
    Participant

VK – Senior moment over just got ot booked also used Voucher – Now where to stay – Four Seasons ?

FCTraveller
    Participant

One small detail which BA kept very quiet. Very generous of them to lower the required Avios to 120,000 for eastern North America. But they are now charging extra Avios for partner connections. So, if you want to fly to a non BA gateway city with an AA connection, this used to require the same amount of BA Miles as the zone it was in, now there is an Avios surcharge for this. This varies depending on the connecting flight but not necessarily by distance. LAX-LAS (1 hour flight) was an extra 13,500 Avios one-way, ORD-YOW (2.5 hour flight) was only 7,500 one-way.

Good news is that the Avios + Money options (formerly part-cash part-miles) have been extended whereas you can now reduce your Avios usage by 50% (formerly 25%). The extra charge for this is £0.012 per reduced Avios. This is always good value for money for people who only redeem in CW or F.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Oh dear, the Avios site has been down for the last three hours!

Swindoneric
    Participant

I’m generally jinxed in terms of managing to get flights when I want but even I have managed to get a pair of returns to NY in late Feb, CWLCY out and BA CW home with an Amex 2 for 1 voucher. 80000 points for two people, including transfer flights to and from Edinburgh can’t be bad..

FCTraveller
    Participant

Just one other point about Avios + Money. If you are booking a flight to the USA with a connection on AA, the website does not give the + Money option. This is a bug in the BA booking system and has always been like this. The rules clearly state that Avios + Money is available on partner airlines but not everyone at Your First is aware of this. I’ve had to argue it a few times.

TridentGold
    Participant

Just managed to cnx and rebook an F-Class award trip to Tokyo saving 60,000 miles. Also, I have a return leg of an F class ticket from JNB to LHR next week, and noticed the uplift of tier points already in the booking. Avios has got off to a very good start.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Has anyone managed to successfully import their former Airmiles, now Avios points at 10x the balance on d-day, into their BA Executive Club account? I had 2527 Airmiles, so now 25270 Avios points on what has now become avios.com, which I want to import into my BAEC account which has a much larger balance of former BA Miles, now Avios at 1:1 rate.

On the BAEC account there is a Combine my Avios tool, which looks promising until I complete the login details for my Avios (nee Airmiles) account. It then says in a big red box that the latter account has no date of birth, which is required to exist in the first place then match the one recorded on my BAEC account. Advice is then to call the BAEC quoting a reference number – have just done that and the agent confirmed that he couldn’t do anything until such time as there is a date of birth in my Avios account. Another trip round the circle line…

But on the avios.com account there is no facility to even add my date of birth, it was never something which Airmiles recorded.

Any inspiration other than spending the rest of the day in a queue on to the avios.com call centre?

first_class_please
    Participant

Bunnahabhain, just manged it!!

Log into your Avios account, Then ” my account” you then have “your accounts” and “combine accounts”

I then said I wanted to transfer to BA ( you can do it either way) entered my exec number and pin, said to move all my Avios and seconds later it was done.

It also doesn’t actually merge or close the account so if you wish to move Avios back, for a hotel, car hire etc you can.

Good luck.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I had to give up and phone the Avios call centre to get my date of birth added behind the scenes. It must have been an optional field in the old Airmiles site as some people have been able to transfer either way on either Avios or BAEC sites ok. Anyway it’s now fixed.

Judging by the feedback on the Avios website forum, best stick to using the BAEC one to book reward flights.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls