BA flight to BKK to move to T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)

• TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Just checked ….

Not really complaining about new departure time schedules from Krungthrep to London since the said new arrival time now @ 5-00pm suits me rather than at 5-30 in the morning.Hopefully I will be getting in from Amsterdam on same day to pick wife up so should work out
    ….albeit via LCY…but… Mai Pen Rai.

also Flight is now a 777 and arrives at T 5

Flight details

Flight:….BA0010 Non smoking
    Operated by:…British Airways

Departing from:…Bangkok
    Fri 15 November 2013, 10:55

Arriving at:..Heathrow (London) Terminal 5
    Fri 15 November 2013, 16:55

Aircraft type:Boeing 777 jet

sparkyflier
    Participant

MH may have a far superior product, at least in F and Y, but for VK to be so confident in a new route, which is unusual, I wonder if there is some truth to this. There could well be enough demand for a “British” inflight product that would be enough for a 772.

KUL would also be more ideal for any tags to lets say Jakarta or Denpasar, than Singapore, taking away the need to change planes.

VK when do you think this will be confirmed? It cannot be long now if they will launch in the Autumn?

DavidGordon10
    Participant

The only time I booked to BKK (on KLM), my credit card was instantly frozen. The message from the bank was “flights to BKK are a favourite purchase using stolen credit cards….”

VintageKrug
    Participant

sparky, no firm date as yet, as everything dependent on new aircraft deliveries and a range of other issues.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“sparky, no firm date as yet, as everything dependent on new aircraft deliveries and a range of other issues.”

Not very likely, then.

Str8Talking
    Participant

BA have just announced further timetable changes to flights out of T5 for the Winter 2013 schedule. There’s obviously something happening there.

FrasierForum
    Participant

KUL would be very ideal indeed…

Despite what some may think about MH’s A380 service – as a frequent traveller on this route, there is a huge hope within the expat community that a ‘British’ option would soon become a reality.

The French will be out waving their Tricolours in a couple of weeks time to welcome Air France at KUL… Isn’t it time we got to do the same? *wink*

Chardie
    Participant

The proposed change of timings are a nightmare for me.

I work in North Africa and live in Thailand.

It will mean an overnight at LHR and BKK which as I pay for my own flights is a further cost.

Looks like I’ll be looking for another carrier which is a shame as IMO compared to EVA and THAI, BA are better.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’ve never found EVA worse than BA, but Thai used to have very old planes on its LHR flights. However all Thai flights will soon be A380, A340-600 or upgraded 747-400.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thai’s retrofitted B747-400s started on the LHR-BKK route at the end of last month:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/thai-airways-launches-retrofitted-b747-on-londo

VintageKrug
    Participant

Patience, FrasierForum. All good things…

WoburnMan
    Participant

Excellent that’s great news a move to T5 and a proper nights sleep on the return leg …

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I’m flying BA to BKK on 6 June. Back 18 June. Am I right in thinking they’re using 747s right now on that route?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

TiredOldHack – 25/04/2013 13:38 GMT
    I’m flying BA to BKK on 6 June. Back 18 June. Am I right in thinking they’re using 747s right now on that route?

Yes TOH, the one I was on was a particularly tired one at that. (00:30 take off)

Rgds.
    AOTG.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

ATOG – just checked mine. 2205 take-off. That’s not so bad.

Return flight: take-off 00.20. Ouch.

Here’s an oddity – we’re going CW out, and WT+ back. Seats 18K and 19K out and 14K and 15K back.

Do they have differing cabin sizes for CW and WT+ on that route? Or different 747 versions? I’d have expected the seat numbers to be the other way around.

Edit: Ah, just seen. Upper deck out. Changed the seat positions as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls