BA flight to BKK to move to T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi Again TOH

You are on the same flight back as I was – BA010?

It’s an old bird!

Rgds.
    AOTG.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Yep, that’s the one!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I flew back from Chicago recently on a 777 in CW. The product feels more dated on this aircraft than the upstairs of the 747.

I realise that this switch is down to the economics of the route, but I do not fancy CW to BKK on 777.

WoburnMan
    Participant

MS – I just booked in CW to Chicago for a week on Wednesday .. when you say dated what actually do you mean? … I only ask because the 777 I recently flew on to Toyko & Singapore was excellent.

Hello Martyn and WoburnMan

I have flown to Chicago on a 772 and Tokyo on a 773. Might explain the difference.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Maybe I have been spoilt always flying upstairs in CW on the -400. I found the ying yang far too narrow and even slightly claustraphobic. I was suprised, but now understand there is a lack of space, to put a storage bin against the wall.

This flight really made me see how dated CW has become. I doubt I will choose BA for my future BKK trips once the 777 comes in to service – especially when Thai is available in F for a similar price to CW…

Bucksnet
    Participant

Checking LHR-BKK prices on BA.com for the end of May and found: –

£275 one way economy from LHR.
    Premium economy return only £31 more than economy.
    Club World return only £1,900.

Maybe BA are struggling on the route?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Bucksnet – well, we got CW out and WT+ back for £1575, so you may be right. CW both ways for £1900 is a steal.

Interestingly, I went to try and upgrade to CW on the return trip. £2372 for the pair of us. Come on, guys….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just booked for Asia run in a weeks time. Couldnt believe the price £1,867 including taxes.

There is an offer of a free upgrade to First when booking certain club fares.

This is really interesting becasue the cheapest club fare that qualifies is £3,900.

However, with the £1,867 fare, you can add a return upgrade to F for £1,500, (£750) each way. The sales rep said the £3,900 was flexi, well, its not that flexi……

That offer seems to be a bit of a con!!

Shamsh1
    Participant

I just came back from a business trip to BKK on BA9/10. The plane was fully booked both ways, so I don’t understand roumors to downsize the aircraft to a 777. If BA is to change to a dayflight, they will definately loose a lot of customers. Overnight flights are the only bonus for longhaul in C/F you can get. Everything else is a waste of time. The only desirable change on the BKK route would be an earlier departure from LHR, to allow for an easier adjustment to the time change.

BA15/16 to SIN was also downgraded to a 777. The result are overbooked flights, especially after QF dropping the LHR-SIN route. Sometimes BA-decisions are simply not understandable!

Bucksnet
    Participant

The trip cost of a 777-200 is much lower than a 747, and also the yield would improve. Full planes do not indicate profits.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If as rferguson suggests – 17/04/2013 08:35 GMT – the BA 9/10 worked on recently, were like “staff shuttles”, the smaller capacity 777, will then only cause additional booking problems with a smaller number of seats available for concessionary travel (including avios).

If the passenger loads are there, its down to the airline to make the numbers work, not to reduce seats. It will be interesting to see how full the flights I am travelling on will be. 2 weeks or so out, there was still room on the upper deck (just) but I am enjoying some of the lowest fares on BA ex London for quite some time.

I wont miss an ex-Europe departure, although ironically, I will be in Germany the morning of the evening BA9 departure.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

MartynSinclair – I’m travelling out on 6 April and back on 18 April. Don’t tell me you’re on the same flights?

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Saw my wife off on a 543 Eco BAo9 on Monday night from a very very quiet T3.

Check in /bag drop only took minutes with no waiting and a friendly chat with check in confirmed that the plane was not too busy.

Even the bar further down the terminal at Departures was looking a bit empty and I got my pint of Becks immediately.

New Ticket scan gates look good and she called me to say she was through into airside in about 10 minutes.

Wifee was always a bit scept.about BA (being Thai) and I knew it was their old 747 etc.so had to find out how it went and her response yesterday was… GREAT…in fact the best ever…well.well.

Better that Thai-Yes-Eva-Yes -Eti-Yes…..BA got a convert….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

TOH – not the same flight, but we will be on town at the same time towards the end of your stay. I can be found at the Westin – be pleased to meet up.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls