BA Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Oh! I see now. I am sorry. My humble apologies. I now understand. You were hoping that Willie Walsh or Keith Williams or Fran Van Der Post would come online and address your (still un-specified) grievances. You see I thought this was a DISCUSSION forum. I’ve obviously got the wrong end of the stick. Apologies!

critical999
    Participant

I love a discussion Ferguson, but as you get older you become wiser.

and learn from good as well as bad tutors. and please do remember that it is often the people who complain to the appropriate authority who are more likely to succeed in improving standards

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

To return to the actual subject of this post, give me CE anyday over Y. I Ilke BA, along with other airlines and would always opt to be up front. I wouldn´t want to pay a fortune for it but if there is a reasonable offer I will take it.

Business in Europe is never going to be that good due to the seating but it is better than Y, but if I bought a long haul C or F ticket and I was connecting from somewhere, I would not want to be in Y for that flight, as it would spoil the whole experience.

A word of warning though regarding the special offer with BA after booking. I booked a flight the other day and the difference between Y and C was 90 eur, I stupidly thought I would wait and take the cheap upgrade, which turned out to be 146,00 eur! So, I am now stuck in n expensive Y seat.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Rferguson, you know better than to take the bait from some wannabe who has only flown one CE sector MAD to LHR (if we are to believe him or her) and is now claiming he is a senior citizen world traveller god’s gift to BT knowing it all better. Maybe that’s why when he/she tried to convince us all that he/she had flown first on a Qatar flight and went on about the qualities if Qatar, etc etc , until I had to point out the the aircraft he/she flew on actually is not configured with a first class cabin. I think Simon said it best when he suggested this person is simply a troll, a self proclaimed elderly, and chances are lonely, bored, old troll. Let him or her be in his or her incontenance pads and ignore the posts. For some, facts should never get in the way of their own dementia!

dutchyankee
    Participant

@FCW, just to ensure you understand my post was in reference to the ridiculous posts by critical99.9%of the time, and my ‘wannabe’ comment was not in any way related to your handle.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Hi dutchyankee. Yes, I was really hurt and upset at first but had a G&T and soon got over it LOL.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Thank goodness, I would hate to offend the wrong person, and I too love a nice G&T!!

Speedbird
    Participant

@FCW “Business in Europe is never going to be that good due to the seating but it is better than Y, but if I bought a long haul C or F ticket and I was connecting from somewhere, I would not want to be in Y for that flight, as it would spoil the whole experience.”

I completely agree but this is what happens when connecting on a domestic flight with BA.

1nfrequent
    Participant

“I dont spend 24rhs on this forum, and only make comments about my experiences . And as a 70plus senior citizen. I probably have had more experience of travelleling that you will ever have.”

I don’t spend 24 hours on this forum either, but rferguson makes a convincing case and as a 70+ senior citizen, your travelling experience clearly doesn’t translate into expertise on what does and does not constitute a monopoly. Perhaps you should sit down with a nice cup of tea and do some research to support your assertions.

“I love a discussion Ferguson, but as you get older you become wiser.”

Or more stubborn and intransigent …

To add something constructive about CE and pricing, I really don’t get BA’s approach. Just booked a trip to Dublin next year. ET was £86 and £56 for the 2 legs. CE at the point of booking was £215 and £206, which I thought outrageous. So I book ET but the next day was checking my booking because I’d forgotten to preselect my seats (ah – silver perks, how I shall miss you next year!) and there’s an MMB upgrade offer for £69 each each. By my calculation, that’s considerably less than the quoted price so I jumped at it.

But my (long-winded) point is that I don’t understand why they didn’t just offer that lower price to start with as if it was under £200 I’d definitely do it for the lounge access.

1F

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

@Speedbird, Yes I now and its the same for pax going stateside with EI via DUB. I never fly domestic in the UK but that would be a real downer. It beggers belief that you can pay 5000+ to fly F but have to fly Y down to LHR. Do you get any special recognition on the domestic sector?

Speedbird
    Participant

No special recognition on my last flight. Flying in F. No fast track for BA – although fast track existed! Row 12 domestic. Served last as crew started serving passengers at front and rear to meet at row 12… finally.

Made the return journey a real slog on the last sector when paying such a high premium. Emirates on my door step looks a very tempting option

openfly
    Participant

@rferguson

Hi mate. We all enjoy your posts on here. Honest plain chat…and interesting. Hopefully we all reply and discuss your points with enthusiasm.

Once in a while an idiot pops his head above the parapet. Don’t waste the bullets firing at them. If we ignore them they will soon disappear.

SimonS1
    Participant

I keep expecting Jeremy Beadle to appear for some sort of ‘gotcha’.

Obviously either a wind up or a half wit.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

critical999 – 17/09/2013 16:54 GMT : “If that’s the best you can do I pity you.”

Thank you for your condescension, despite your repeated refusal to back up your opinions. It gives us a much better basis on which to make our own opinions about you and yours

“I dont spend 24rhs on this forum”

Good

“as a 70plus senior citizen. I probably have had more experience of travelleling that you will ever have.”

This takes the biscuit. Rferguson and handbag (and possibly others on this thread) are crew. If you will quote your accumulated mileage I might give this claim some credence, otherwise – given the demographic at which you aimed your comments – I don’t think so. Air travel has grown and continues to grow exponentially which actually means that statistically most people on this forum younger than you (presumably most of us) will end up having vastly more experience of travelling than you

Don’t get me wrong, I think your opinions about CE are justified. In fact I think CE is rubbish. However I find the way you have presented your views, the way you have interacted with other members on this forum, and your refusal to engage in intelligent debate, offensive

It’s a shame, really, because your underlying point was a valid one. Had you argued it more intelligently, you might have convinced more people or even been able to make some interesting suggestions for change, What a pity

NTarrant
    Participant

“as a 70plus senior citizen. I probably have had more experience of travelleling that you will ever have.”

Yeah! using your free bus pass on your weekly shop and a day out!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls