BA Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“unfortunately this forum is a waste of space in my opinion because it seems to attract a lot of comments from people who have no social graces etc.”

Pot-kettle-black.

Bye.

heathrowflyer
    Participant

Ian_from_HKG – 18/09/2013 10:27 GMT

“I am sure that is part of the answer….”, thanks a lot for your reply, and that’s a point I missed: post-original-booking cheap upgrade makes the conditions inflexible. Exactly that happened to me 2 weeks ago, though luckily I noticed the conditions before clicking ‘Accept’. Still got a bargain, though, for me.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ FormerlyDoS – 19/09/2013 03:29 GMT

This has surely to be the shortest “drive-by” trolling in BT’s history. Utterly bizarre.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Anthony

Agreed, bizarre.

d1rector
    Participant

On the original point (should BA Club be scrapped for Europe short haul), I just want to register a very definite view that I can get cheap fares anywhere with a less agreeable customer experience: but business/Club does make the travel more civilised. But It is getting harder and harder to find decent standards (budget air, budget pod hotels with no staff and a submarine-like experience, budget eating, etc.), none of which is at all an improving experience except for the companies.

If BA were to abandon Club Europe, the first thing I would do is search for alternative airlines, if any still exist. Right now, I seek to travel BA if I can.

SenatorGold
    Participant

My mother and I were on the BA2778 19.40hrs departure from LGW to Jersey in CE. We were served a large piece of large serving of cold salmon and salad and a Lily O’Briens chocolate caramel mousse accompanied by wines and champagne and rolls. Coffee and tea were offered. This was more than we were expecting for a 55 minute flight. All in all I thought it was pretty good. We circled Jersey for 50 minutes hoping that a break in the fog would allow us to land. There wasn’t one so it was back to LGW for us. Ground staff handled the situation very well. They had already rebooked us on tonight’s flight having recognised me as a BA GCH and giving us priority over other passengers who unfortunately can only be accommodated on tomorrow’s flights. They also sorted out overnight accommodation quickly and very efficiently. So we were impressed.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I have just completed an LHR-IST return in CE and wanted to share my thoughts. This was my first CE flight for a good 10 years. My client had paid for a ET ticket a couple of months before but I paid the upgrades out of my budget.

Outward flight: A £99 upgrade became available about 2 weeks before the flight and I booked this. My experience made this excellent value. The seat (on an A320) appeared to have 34″ leg room and was certainly sufficient for me to stretch out my legs. The tray table gave me enough room to work on my laptop. The meal service was excellent with a superb prawn curry. Cabin crew very good as well.

Return flight: A £109 upgrade only became available within 24 hours of the flight and I booked it as I wanted the space to work on my laptop again. Again an A320 but this time the seating appeared to be the Euroconverter (i.e. 2 different choices of arm rests). this seat was noticeably less comfortable than the other version and the leg room in the window seat was barely sufficient for my legs & laptop. However, after take off I switched to the aisle seat and noticed the leg room was better which suggested the seat row (or the one in front) was out of alignment. Meal was again good and the cabin crew were superb with many passengers chatting to them.

Overall verdict: I would definitely take advantage of these upgrades in future on any flight over 2 hours provided the cost was reasonable. The key though is the seating format on the first flight which is far more comfortable than the second format. Can anyone tell me if BA are rolling out a different format and if so which format it will be in future?

Viewing 7 posts - 136 through 142 (of 142 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls