BA Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 142 total)

• ThomasCox
    Participant

@critical999 – Did BA wrong you in this, or another life? Are you a shareholder and therefore perhaps entitled to push Mike and Willie to follow your agenda break up the airline (my instinct tells me you’ll be ignored)? Or did you have some truly jaw-droppingly bad experiences? I’m always amazed how a private company like BA inspires so much vitriol.

I dislike the M4, M3, M25 etc. and continue to have dreadful experiences whilst travelling on all of them but I don’t start fuming against the Highways Agency…

Senator
    Participant

So we’ve gone from the question about “are anyone buying Club Europe” to statement of BA being broken up 🙂

Back on topic: I recently purchased my first EuroTraveller ticket as I was flying with a new potential client. I find the weekend stay CE fares from ARN-LHR/LCY for £250 a stellar bargain, but mid-week trips from ARN are normally north of £900. Too expensive for my taste, but SAS matched those prices when they offered a Business Class on the route (which they no longer do).

I suggested to the client that if MMB displayed upgrades, we would take them. This we did on the outbound. The return did not offer this to us, and we were seated in 5A and 5C (first row in ET).

I missed the CE experience, and as long as I can grab a seat using MMB or I am using weekend fares I will continue to fly CE as I find it quite a bargain and good value for money. I will not however, spend £900 on ARN-LHR-ARN on CE. However, this is not a reflection on BA but a reflection on the route as the prices are similar for most carries on this route, even in-direct.

critical999
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Stephen.
    I travel the world frequently, and believe that I recognise quality and value for money. when I see itObviously everyone has an opinion based on their experiences.I believe that I am well qualified to offer my original suggestion, and I cant and wont change it

fatbear
    Participant

critical999 – as I said earlier in this thread you are entitled to your opinion. However, you should also respect the views of others, especially when you appear to be in a significant minority….

critical999
    Participant

Do not Delude yourself My friend.

I have never shown any disrespect to the views of others.only described my experiences

My philosophy is prevention is better than the cure, and there will always be lesser or better people than ourselves

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Let’s be honest, CE (and LH, AF etc) is a poor product.

I had the ‘pleasure’ of a 3h50 sector in SAS ‘Plus’ (premium eco) yesterday. There was no business class, so this was the top level of service.

Narrow seats on a 737, allowed to have first dibs on the food sold for 5-6€ and an open bar, although I didn’t have much as I was driving.

GBP425 one way, poor vfm and only booked because my client needed me there and this seat was the one that was free. (So the answer to your question, Alexpo, is that people do pay very high fares where necessary.)

My next flight will be on Norwegian and the experience will be similar, but the cost a fraction.

It is time for the legacy airlines to gracefully accept they cannot compete and withdraw from the market or provide a proper premium service.

The message coming across in this thread, that CE is worth it because people can buy a cheap upgrade or get a discounted offer, tells it’s own story.

Let’s immediately scrap BA EF and chuck out the associated high cost base, replace it with Vuelling (not IB Express, which his a cr*p product in C, unless you have very short thighs) and let people connecting use the DUO seats, as well as those who prefer to pay for them ….. and provide pricing that is in line with the product/service.

Or do as Senator suggests and provide a proper service worthy of proper prices.

The trouble is that too many BA customers earn their journeys by shoppping at Tesco and using affiliated credit cards and it demeans the product for serious business travellers.

See this thread for the latest (alleged) giveaway.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1502589-ba-superfly-giving-gold.html

critical999
    Participant

Forgive me but I just cannot believe that Tesco club card points/ avios are responsible for the diabolical blatant policy of BA for providing below mediocre inflight services. They have a poor history of price fixing, dirty tricks , not to mention being one of the worlds most expensive. You only have to research online to find that they lack competitivety
    When I see all these diehard excuses for BA online I am extremely thankful that there are alternatives

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Nice to see a semi skilled troll trying hard, you’ll get bettter with experience.

critical999
    Participant

I think I am holding my own nicely thank you Dos and would respectfully suggest that you try to offer something more intellectually positive please

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

No, you are telegraphing it, mate.

Your hook is not strong enough, suggest you go an practice on PPrune, they fall for trolls more than the folks on here.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Now Alexpo, did I mention to you where to buy the best Turkish coffee and baklava or where to go for a very respectable line in helmets and tin hats in Istanbul? We might be needing some soon on BT once hostilities really break out….! § 🙂

SwissExPat
    Participant

I just did a Zrh to LHR returning via LCY and was offered the £69 upgrade fee in MMB.

As a Silver/Gold, the only perk it had was a better meal since I had already secured an exit row seat. I did not need te extra 1 bag allowance either.

Hence 69 for sandwiches on a plate rather than in a plastic wrapper made it an easy choice….. Also since my flight was an avios booking, no extra miles or points would accrue.

Glad to have had the option though!

fatbear
    Participant

FDOS +1

critical999
    Participant

What have I done to deserve this punishment Dos.

Unfortunately I cannot understand your communications, except to say that I seem to be touching a painful nerve .

Please say what you really mean in a language that I can understand

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 142 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls