BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 500 total)

• Wildgoose
    Participant

Perhaps we should start a new thread, along the lines of ‘Where Cabin Crew Relax post-flight’?

AsiaPacific
    Participant

Good idea… I think this thread has got off the topic somewhat…

austline
    Participant

Frankly who cares my only concern is getting on a carrier that will get me from A to B safely, on time and with professional crew flying it, and serving in the cabin. BA cabin crew get real! I like many people am fed up with threats of industrial disputations, whether it be the QF engineers or BA cabin crew. This threat of stikes only serves to turn customers away and on to airlines like EK,VS,SQ etc.

Wildgoose
    Participant

EK and SQ…yes? VS?NO WAY! Have you read some of the reviews they’ve garnered on Skytrax?Only a masochist would fly VS!

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Good morning everyone,

Wildgoose, some of your recent posts make it seem like you have been going through some rather turbulent airpockets recently as they seem to be affecting your objectivity,

‘NO WAY VS’, forgive me but I read the Skytrax reviews as well and you will find a great many bad and good reviews about almost any carrier listed. You may not want to fly VS but there are many people who do and who are generally very happy just as there are those who may not. be.

Please try to be fair and balanced in your views if you are going to generalise or else stick to the facts of your personal experiences.

I hope none of our fellow posters out there are suffering too badly at the hands of ther weather.

Have a great weekend and travel safely,

Jonathan

austline
    Participant

Good point, reviews can very and while I tend to use Oneworld carriers flights can vary greatly. One of the worst flights I had was on SQ last year and look who wins all the awards.
    For me realiablity is very important..
    Weather, well I am in Melbourne 41c tomorrow too hot for the beach, just have to hang around inside and have a cold drink by my side.
    Hope all readers are enjoying the snow..

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

I guess the bottom line at the moment, as a business traveller, is who is more likely to get you to destination, BA or VS.

As stated in previous posts, I have always found the BA service in the air to be good or better.

But will they be on strike?

Presently, I would take VS (or another carrier)

This period of uncertainty must be hurting BA sales.

VintageKrug
    Participant

As a formal ballot must be held prior to any strike, and a two to three week minimum timescale from any ballot to a strike, most business trips at least should be unaffected.

I continue to have longhaul and shorthaul bookings with BA in the coming weeks.

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

Well good for you Vintage Krug.

I do not trust BA at the moment, the threat of strike action is their problem and I don’t intend to make it mine by booking flights with the company.

NTarrant
    Participant

Not sure why Expat does not trust BA at the moment, certainly there is the possibility there may be a strike in the future, but as VK points out the legislation in the UK means that warnings have to be given and procedures have to be taken before any action can take place.

Most non-UK airlines could go on strike at the drop of a hat and the first you know about it is when you turn up at the airport!

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

NTarrant

Why should I trust BA?

Most of my trips are booked in advance and often I take advantage of discounted offers, which are not refundable or changeable.

BA’s approach in several bouts of industrial action has been (a) to communicate poorly – look at earlier comments on this thread, (b) to refuse a refund until the flight is finally confirmed as cancelled, i.e.the last minute, by which time alternatives are thin on the ground and prohibitively expensive or worse, not available – which would be disastrous for me.

I have been caught by this myself,during the last threatened cabin crew strike, where I was obliged to buy another ticket as insurance and then BA did not strike – I only lost 90€, as I had to book easyJet, since all Swiss flights were full due to the threatened strike,but nonetheless I remember.

There are plenty of alternative carriers who do not have threatened industrial action, QED I’ll protect my own business and let BA worry about theirs.

In 32 years of business travel and several thousand flights, the only airline to affect me with industrial action is British Airways.

That is a fact, not an opinion.

If other airlines cause me grief, I’ll avoid them as well, but to date only one name appears on this particular list.

Wildgoose
    Participant

You’re on the right (flight?)path Expat; if and airline causes you a loss then you are quite right in taking your business elsewhere. It’s an ethos my company has adopted and, consequently, have not suffered a great deal, if at all.
    I would like to think that more and more people will adapt such a policy and ensure that they do not suffer financially.
    Let the Gooners, Tarrants, and Krugs declaim and proclaim all they want, it won’t make a difference to the rest of us.

austline
    Participant

Wildgoose I agree, I am giving QF/BA one last chance Mel/Lhr/Abv/Los/Yvr/Lax/Mel – J class usd14k, I do this trip to Los x 4 a year plus domestic flying and trips to Jnb. I have had several long delays on QF through on going industrial dispute with their engineers and have just about had enough.

omanpat
    Participant

Are you reading this Willie? Bread and butter customers talking here…any feedback?

Wildgoose
    Participant

Austline, that’s $14,000 (AUD or US$?) that BA/QF won’t be seeing if they screw up again. Are there any alternatives to BA/QF for this routing?
    A thousand here, a thousand there and it soon all starts adding up and, before you know it, you, as an airline, have got a massive pension deficit.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 500 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls