BA after swallowing bmi

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Heard a rumour that the BA call centre ,apparently off-shore (never called it) will move back to the UK….apparently to Castle Donnington !!

With all rumours maybe a pinch of salt is required…….

Bucksnet
    Participant

A simple switch would be for BMI flights to be moved to T3, and SK and TK flights moved to T1 to make room. All flights are narrowbodies so no gate issues. IB is moving to T5 and some non-aligned airlines can move to T4 as well.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Donnington Hall is not at all suited to conversion to a call centre.

canucklad
    Participant

With all rumours maybe a pinch of salt is required…….

Then the other rumour mentioned was that BA are not happy with their outsourced handling agents at regional (loath to call EDI regional) airports and will use BMI staff instead ,with their existing BMI (alot cheaper than BA) T & C’s ….will also need to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt

This is also probably

RichHI1
    Participant

Hippocampus- 09/02/2012 14:29 GMT

¿Oprima uno para Español,no?

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

time to bump and plead our own special favourites…….but who would want to start up Aberdeen and Edinburgh against BA and its strong position. Besides which there are plenty of alternatives if the flight is to/from London eg Stansted, Gatwick……….Only Heathrow if connections or West London is important to the origin/destination. Thats less than 50% of the total traffic, I guess.

Hippocampus
    Participant

A hugely significant day for BA. A “roadmap” for integration should be published after completion on 20 April.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Indeed. I bet BA thought that they had seen the last of T1. Looks like they will be running flights out of there again very soon. There’s no room at T3 or T5 for all those ex BMI slots….

I guess when T2 opens, space will become available in T3; but that is two years away.

RichHI1
    Participant

Don’t forget the buses, you could see a lot more of them in future.

Bucksnet
    Participant

The simple solution to the terminal problem is SK and TK moving from T3 to T1, and then BMI flights can move into T3.

RichHI1
    Participant

Doesn’t BD have a lot more flights?

LeTigre
    Participant

So how many slots are BA gaining is it 42 minus 14 or 56 minus 14?

The thing I am most concerned about is that there is not enough long-haul aircraft even if the routes are started in about a year’s time or more. They will only just be getting the first 787 and A380 then. What to do?!! A330s? (The current order to delivery time is averaging 7 years)

Bucksnet
    Participant

Lufthansa have taken a lot of BMI slots over the years for their various brands, so a few Star airlines moving out of T3 would do it.

I think BA should abandon Gatwick, and move all long haul and certain short haul flights to Heathrow. Routes that aren’t moved can be taken over by flybe.

RichHI1
    Participant

Maybe they will short term lease some 767’s or 777’s . Theee plenty of airlines still cutting back.

rferguson
    Participant

It’s 56 minus 14 Hengli. So 42.

If no other carriers use the slots for the routes provided they will revert back to BA.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls