BA after swallowing bmi

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Always think Aer Lingus is missing a trick with their pre -boarding US customs and Immigration checks at DUB…If the fares were competitive ,chuck in a free pint of Guiness at DUB whilst transiting then I would definately consider availing !! Avoiding the Homeland security on their home turf is a USP for Aer Lingus !!

PatJordan
    Participant

Canucklad,

the Aer Lingus Gold Circle lounge is close to the departure gates and US Customs. Its open to non members for 25euro.

Well worth the money, but as far as I can remember, the Guinness is cans only!

canucklad
    Participant

Sorry mate …have to be the airport bar….Guiness from a can when you can get it on draught…are you mad…..althugh i could be tempted to by the jamiesons or Bushmills !!!

PatJordan
    Participant

I hear you, canucklad…its like comparing a beefburger to fillet steak!

Pat

canucklad
    Participant

I have a horrible confession to make to you Pat——back here in Scotland I do prefer …………………….” Cold Guiness” to normal Guiness … Back to the thread, could this be an opportunity to use aircraft and crew to develop new routes from EDI rather than being LHR centric. what comes to mind immiedately is BRU or FRA giving LH a bit of competition!

skyguy79
    Participant

Short of this becoming a Celtic Alcoholics Anonymous debate ( I’m from Scotland before anyone starts haha !), BD regional and bmibaby should be bought by a private investor and rebranded as British Midland Airways and maybe keep some of the diamonds shining ?! Just a thought. Shame to lose such a vital feeder service.

canucklad
    Participant

Sounds good in principle but you can bet your bottom dollar that BA will also have purchased the rights to all things BMI including the Diamond brand etc…They did the same with BCAL as did Air Canada with CP Air.. I presume it stops somebody doing exactly what you proposed. In these days of yearning for the past a a Scottish airline re-emerging with the BCAL name would have an immiedate Brand awareness advantage from the start.

Merlin1
    Participant

IT systems integration of airport and operational systems is a major task. The first steps made in selling systems such as ba.com and in GDS. It will take time , possibly some months to separate bmi from their current IT suppliers (not just one) and move to BA systems with ticketing and DCS priorities.

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

Belfast is safe hoping they keep Dublin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17857534

capetonianm
    Participant

“The first steps made in selling systems such as ba.com and in GDS.”

I think the problems will be internal politics. Both carriers use the same GDS for distribution (Amadeus) and (from memory) I believe they both use Amadeus/Altea for inventory and DCS, so integraton should, on a technical level, be a relatively easy task.

oasis1221
    Participant

I was thrilled yesterday when recieving an email from BA revealing combined reservations online.
    I was shocked to see a very expensive business fare form AMM-ORD with flights on RJ(code share with BA) connecting in LHR with AA !
    BD operates out of AMM very impracical unreasonably priced limited connections to North America via LHR.

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls