BA: 90 Years Of People & Planes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)

• Stowage222
    Participant

Having seen the new ad yesterday for the first time – I am correct in thinking the ONLY bird in this ad not flying today is Concorde? What a shame. Great ending by the way.

continentalclub
    Participant

In case it’s of interest, a playlist has now been uploaded to YouTube:

http://tidd.ly/3caa6334

– which features:

British Airways ‘Aviators’ Advert.
    The Making of Aviators.
    To Fly. To Serve.
    People And Planes.
    Uniform History.
    90 Years Of Fashion.
    Aviators – The Trailer.

RichHI1
    Participant

In view of commnets about commercial and history of BA labour disputes (now resolved) I found the following anagrams of TO FLy to serve amusing..

Ever Fly Toots? – BA Chat up line?

Leftover Toys – Fly Boys and their toys?

Flyers Vet Too – Who makes the decision?

Revolts Ye Oft – Are we all friends now?

Vote For Style – They’ve been watching the air France ad,…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Who remembers:

BOAC = Better On A Camel
    BA = Blooming Awful (being polite here)
    SABENA = Such A Bl***y Experience Never Again.
    TWA = quicker To Walk Across
    Lufthansa = well this is a family forum so I won’t spell that one out unless no-one knows it and the site administrator agrees to it?

Who can remember other ones?

JamesBAgold
    Participant

I think the ad is excellent and inspires pride in not only the BA brand but in the heritage of British avation embodied in the history of BA’s legacy carriers.

Since the days of Ayling Airways and ethnic tailfins BA has come a long way! The spirit of Lord King survives one hopes!

My only gripe with the ad is the absence of The Flower Duet from Lakmé. A beautiful piece of music – instantly recognisable and instantly identifiable as representing BA. Hopefully it will make a welcome return in the later ads in the campaign.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

The best advertisement for an airline are the passengers.

Get the product and service right and they will tell friends and family.

I haven’t even watched this video, for I know the reality of flying BA. I’ll be taking a PAR LON next week in ET, good value for money for an hour, I don’t expect much else than a safe ride.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I like the Delibes, but it’s good to try something new. I’d hope it will make an appearance in future instalments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JdQi60an0&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP0DD6B4B26F0BD3C3

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I saw the ad on TV last night for the first time. It’s a nice story and told me a bit about how BA used to be but nothing about it convinced me that I wanted to fly with them at any time in the near future. No doubt it’s well made but unless the series is released quickly and they are shown regularly, I doubt they will have much impact.

I think regular premium travellers will need a bit more convincing that BA is worth the money so as before, nice ad but will they deliver. I’ll wait and see.

VintageKrug
    Participant

“O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not.”

– Jeremiah 5:21

The youtube site has already had 60,000 hits, and the blanket press ads supporting this campaign are very apparent in BA’s key markets.

The small changes already made are encouraging; the £5bn investment which accompanies this campaign suggests BA have both the means and the intent to continue to develop their product and build on the rich heritage which makes BA stand out among the plethora of other carriers now making headway in the market.

Stowage222
    Participant

The next ad in the series will be shown next year to accompany the Olympics.

RichHI1
    Participant

Some amusement for those who like the previous muscial selection… You have probably seen it before but tickled my ribs ever so slightly…

VK – perhaps fitting for BA staff and management “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_hzrB_FI4

VintageKrug
    Participant

“Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope. “

The Book of Margaret, Chapter One

RichHI1
    Participant

Yes I think that got cut in the movie to get a PG rating (don’t want to frighten the kids)… will you be at the Iorn Lady UK premiere? Good Christmas viewing along with Christmas Carol (what about CHristmas Mark) Bah Humbug 🙂

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s not until January, but I imagine I’ll be there:

http://www.theironladymovie.co.uk/blog/

Anyway, everyone had better get back to slagging off BA, or we’ll get told off by Tom!

RichHI1
    Participant

Sorry, it’s December here in US.

When isepisode 2, ” to serve” commercial coming, does anyone know… maybe it will be a serial like the old cinema days to match the historic feel.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 115 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls