BA 767 AIRCRAFT – AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

• Str8Talking
    Participant

Hi tiggerbrown. The fare is only available when booked with ground products. If my memory serves me right, I have never seen the LHR-LCA fare in Club (flight only) fall below £500 in the last 5 years, sale or no sale! The LGW-PFO route can be had for £326 in Club flight only in the current BA sale.

Globetrotter
    Participant

does anyone know the progress of the BA 767 refurbishment? i’m particularly interested in aircraft that might fly the LHR-LCA-LHR route. cheers and thanks in anticpation.

Str8Talking
    Participant

Not sure on the refurbishment schedule but out of the 10 times I took BA662/BA663 this year, it has always been a refurbished aircraft!

connorJohnson
    Participant

So so so true and ba don’t even care, I complained and got 15,000 just to shut me up having recently flew on the lhr-lca route return and what about the flight times!!!

BA744fan
    Participant

There are only 7 767s in the short haul fleet and I believe all of them have now been refurbished.

As a side note, 7 of the 14 long haul 767s are due to be retired. Does anyone know when these will start to be pensioned off?

FlyerDoc
    Participant

I am flying to IST in CE with BA next week (with wife) on a 767 with 17 rows of CE.
    Can anyone with experience of this lay out advise on the best seats please? Will all the CE seat be the same size or are there ET seats that are converted to CE and therefore narrower?
    I seem to remember being in 9A on this lay out years ago while returning from GVA, and was fairly happy with the seat.

StandingThemUp
    Participant

The first 15 rows, or so, are larger pitch converter seats, IIRC.

The window seats do not have any extra space between them, but the centre pairings have about a 6″ gap, like the AC seats on the A320 (non bmi/spacesaver)

So, if you want a little extra space, choose the middle pair.

ScottCarey7

Hi BA744fan,

Andy Lord, Director of Operations, told BT that the B787-8 will replace the B767s, and that the fleet of 14 long-haul B767s are due to be retired by 2016-17.

Hope that helps.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@ScottCarey

Meaning: you will have to accpet the outdated and cramped seating on BA 767 for another 4 years….IF BA is able to keep the schedule of replacements.
    Shouldnt such a long period be enough to replace seats with a competitive product?

Oh, btw, SIA has AGAIN introduced a new cabin product.
    They seem to renew within a timeframe that BA needs just for the consideration of renewal.
    Like in their outdated “New” First Class…which can be a good deal ex Europe for cheapo prices. but ex LON is a rip-off since the product offered is just bad for the price paid.

Str8Talking
    Participant

On the refurbished 767, rows 1-17 are all the same Club Europe recliners. They don’t always all get used – it is more likely for someone in Euro Traveller to be sat in rows 12-17. On BA662 to LCA last week, Club Europe was up to row 15. On flight BA663 this morning, only up to 9! With the refurbishment, came the updated and more slimline Euro Traveller seats from row 18 onwards, but have never known Club Europe being moved that far back!

SimonS1
    Participant

Looks like the 767s are running into the same issues as the 747s.

It seems in the last 2/3 weeks planes have gone tech in London, Boston, Edinburgh, Freetown and Nassau and today’s BA93 to Toronto has turned back over Wales.

(Source: BA Source as I know Tom gets cross 😉 ).

connorJohnson
    Participant

Greg cook- go in the first row of the second part of ce to get off first

DoorsToAutomatic
    Participant

All European 767s haven now been “refreshed”, and the maximum Club Europe capacity is 86, on all flights. Rows 1 to 9 in the forward cabin, then 12 to 17 in the Mid cabin.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Greg, for info I posted a review of LHR-LCA return in CE in March

http://www.businesstraveller.com/members/Bunnahabhain – then it’s my sole contribution to the review pages

CocktailMike
    Participant

Despite being an avid BA fan, I must agree with the 767 comments. We flew on one to Istanbul in economy 2 years ago, but knowing the aircraft as I do, I chose 3 seats in the middle at the very front of the economy cabin. You do benefit from 34 inch leg room – But after take off, the crew didn’t pull down the dividers or close the curtains segregating the two cabins. I would have been mighty cheesed off if I had been a biz passenger!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls